About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, June 28, 2012

Teaching Shapes Through Songs

So I promised to share with y'all my Shapes Songs as long as you don't make fun of my voice.  Because, well, I'm not known for my singing ability.  I mean, it's not horrific or anything, but that's because I did, like, seven takes of this little video until it was as good as it was gonna get.


How did I come up with these songs to teach the eight basic shapes?  Why, I just expanded my repertoire beyond the holidays to write bad poetry set to songs we already know and love.  You may recognize the tunes to several Schoolhouse Rock songs, as well as the much beloved Cows from the Philadelphia Chickens CD.  There are also the old standbys If You're Happy and You Know It and Take Me Out to the Ballgame.

(They're really cheesy, y'all, but I'm sharing 'em anyway.)

12 comments:

Jamey... said...

You are so cute.

michelle said...

This is so awesome! I'll have to come back and watch again. I love your ideas for toddler educational play! (Do keep posting about Squirt development awesomeness, too!)

Dindinha said...

So good, TM!!!
I'll definitely sing them to my little students!
May I?
Pls say yes, pls say yes!lol
:)

Shari said...

Mama T I'm thinking you could market this idea. Especially that Oval song...that's awesome:)

Aus said...

Good on you there TM!! Oval is a tough one too - just an oddball shape! (and I was gonna make a crack about "don't quit your day job" - but I won't! ;) cause that would be like snarky or something)

hugs - outstanding - aus and co.

Catherine said...

Way to go TM! I love helping my DD learn through song too. Very cute!

Catherine said...

Way to go TM! I love helping my DD learn through song too. Very cute!

scooping it up said...

this is hysterical and wonderful.

Ashley said...

Delurking to say I hope ya'll are doing okay and that there is lots of singing about shapes in the house and not something more serious that has your attention.

3cmum said...

Also delurking just to check in and hope that all is okay and you are having a wonderful summer.

Larissa Boechat said...

Hope everything is ok with you and your family, TM. We miss your posts!!!

Sherri said...

Seriously? You haven't updated your blog since JUNE?????????