About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, December 30, 2011

Year in Review: 2011

In honor of the second-to-the-last day of 2011, I present to you Our Little Tongginator's year in review:

In January, I took some heat for continuing on the path of our second adoption.  It seems that several people viewed my willingness to listen to differing opinions about adoption as an actual anti-adoption stance.  Umm... no.  And I explained it all in my Why Continue? post.  I also got all up on my soapbox with my parenting post Neither Constant Criticism Nor Constant Praise Works.  Oh my lands, y'all, was I sanctimonious last January or what?

On the last day of February, I learned that we were next, Next, NEXT for a referral.  Little did I know that our "next" status would last an entire month.

March was a time for authenticity.  I exposed my anal-self to y'all when I confessed to my children's book addiction and my *blush* Tonggu House Dewey Decimal System; whereas my newly turned seven-year-old Tongginator stunned y'all with her wisdom about The Secret of Happiness.

In April y'all just embraced us as we celebrated the adoption referral of our future daughter.  You laughed with me as I experienced The Call on April Fool's Day, praised God when we realized what our family was doing on the day mei mei was born, and cried with me as I struggled while waiting to receive travel dates.

Y'all got me through the month of May with your Best Packing Tips and ideas for the Tongginator's China Scavenger Hunt List.  Oh, and the Tongginator gave us all a fit of the giggles when she asked me "How do they MEET?"

June brought us Mei Mei.  And a glimpse of God's plan in all of that waiting.

I didn't blog all that much as summer turned into fall, since our family continued to adjust to life with Mei Mei.  In July, however, I did share about a few medical issues, including the Infamous Pee and our initial concerns about hip dysplasia.

Our Little Tongginator kinda turned into an informational blog during the month of August.  I guess that's all I had time for, since Squirt ended up so ill she was hours from a septicemia diagnosis.  Helping a Family Who Recently Adopted and Adoption Links for School appeared to resonate the most with y'all.

And in September, Mei Mei morphed into Squirt.  Plus, I got real with y'all when I wrote Confessions of a New Mom.

I can't believe I didn't write a single post in October.  How the heck did that happen?

I shared more about Sweet, Sweet Squirt in November.  And many of y'all identified with my post on Two Roads, about the vast differences in our attachment journeys with our two girls.

December still feels surreal to me.  It brought One of the Worst Days of My Life, but it also brought a moment of such profound sweetness when the Tongginator decided to share her Cardboard Testimonial.

I don't know what 2012 will bring in terms of this blog.  I had hoped to return to blogging daily when school hit this past fall, but that didn't happen.  I don't know whether it's Squirt keeping me busy or if my priorities have changed that much, but I figure I'll take it month by month.  I enjoy writing, and don't seem to have time to craft a book at this stage in my life.

Thanks for walking through 2011 with our family.  Y'all made me laugh, cry, think and generally kept me mostly sane during a year of tremendous change at Tonggu House.  I cannot thank you enough.

10 comments:

Sharie said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what 2012 brings your way:)

Alyson and Ford said...

You have been so busy and full of family love! We do miss your posts, you were the one who always got me to thinking and digging into topics I would have missed. Hope to hear more from you in 2012! Happy New Year!

Alyzabeth's Mommy
(P.S. I know what you mean, I barely blogged at all in December and I do miss it!)

prechrswife said...

Happy New Year to all of you!

Robin said...

I just want to say that I do hope you keep up with blogging. I always enjoying reading your posts. Happy New Year!

lmgnyc said...

What a year! Hoping for a happy and healthy new year for all at the Tonggu House.

Cavatica said...

:-) and happy New Year to you all!

Nikki said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. Thank you for sharing the packing list for China. Our travel group found it quite helpful during ourJune trip for our children. And for the bottle of water for our Violet at breakfast at the White Swan. I hope you do find time for a book. You write with such humor. Keep blogging!

Cedar said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted these links. I've been wanting to read some of these again and wondering if I could find them!

Once a day or once a week or month...blog when it works for you and I will definitely keep reading!

Claudia said...

Happy new year!

....and... daily blogging is overrated, in my opinion. Blog when you want to.

Mia's Mommy said...

Happy New Year!!

I feel absolutely heartbroken for all of my friends still waiting. But can I just acknowledge how amazingly happy I am that we are finally on the other side of it!!