About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top 10 Photos of 2011

Every year I torture myself with the impossible task of finding ten photographs that tell a great story without showing the faces of my two precious girls.  Because I spill enough personal stuff around here without flashing their names and faces across the blogosphere.  It felt a tad more difficult this year because life felt busier than usual.  I mean, I only took a dozen photos during the entire month of September, y'all.

Twelve.  Just 12.

Ah, well.  The year is over tomorrow and I promise to do better in the coming months, mostly because my favorite (and pretty much only) Christmas gift this year was a Tamron zoom lens (18 to 270mm).  All y'all say ooh... aah... oh.  The lens doesn't help with this year, however, so bear with me.  It was slim pickings, for sure.

#1 Am I A Terrible Momma For Snapping 
This Photo Instead of Helping Her Up?
At least I didn't laugh at her.  Much.  (And no, she wasn't hurt.)

#2 Momma Don't Do Wedgies 
(At Least, Not Anymore)
 The Tongginator looked oh-so-classy during our annual Chinese 
New Year celebration.  And yes, y'all, I hate the dress.  The 
Tongginator begged to wear it.  She wants to look like her friends.

#3 Love At First Sight
Oh, how the Tongginator fell in love with her mei mei on 
referral day.  She had no expectations, no preconceived 
notions.  She just LOVED her sister... oh so much.

#4 Because We Are All About 
Modesty At Tonggu House
I really have no words for this photo except to say 
that Tonggu Daddy was teaching her how to play 
miniature golf.  And ONLY miniature golf.

#5 It's Not Empty Anymore (But 
It's Not Clean Anymore Either)
Squirt's room, just a few weeks before we traveled.


#6  The Tongginator Has Big Plans

I love how the Tongginator chose to write her end-of-the-school-year 
book about meeting her mei mei.  And the timing?  Was perfect.  Everyone 
shared their stories with their classmates just one week before we left for China.

#7  Meeting Squirt, Only We Didn't 
Yet Know She Was Squirt
Because she didn't leak at all.  She had a dry diapers, with no drool 
and - most surprisingly - no tears.  The tears came later that night.  
The drool came later that week, as she cut her first tooth.  And the 
pee... well... the pee never seems to stop.


#8 Thank Goodness I Have 
Friends Who Aren't Lazy
If not for Canuck K and a few other friends, my gals would rarely craft 
and never make a mess.  Not because I care if they smear paint all over 
their sweet selves, but because I'm too darn lazy to clean up the aftermath.

#9 Squirt Meets Nanny P

I just love this photo.  I don't know why.  
Maybe it's my little one's pot belly.


#10 In Which My Squirt Proves 
Yet Again How Strong She Is
This one may surprise y'all.  But I felt so happy when I snapped 
this photo because I'd just learned Squirt would be discharged soon. 
And oh, how she impressed me that week with her strength and resilience.



Check out my Top Ten Photos from 2008, 2009 and 2010.

9 comments:

prechrswife said...

Love the photos! I need to do this again. My poor blog has been neglected lately.

Wendy said...

You did WAY better than I did. My year end wrap up (scheduled for tonight at 12:01 am) contains about 175 pictures--and a lot of them are of snow.

Megan said...

I freaking LOVE that bedroom! Will you come give my house a makeover? :-) Happy New Year to the Tonguu family!

Ingrid said...

I especially love 2, 3, and 4. Thank you for sharing!

lmgnyc said...

Wow, that took a whole lot of serious TIME to find those photos! Thank you TM for going through your records and digging out some sweet pics for us! Happy new year to every one at Tonggu House. :-)

LucisMomma said...

I love #9, too. That little belly, plus the serious look on her face.

Happy New Year!

Kim K. said...

Wishing you a blessed New Year! Darling pictorial review.

Happy "Year of the Dragon"!!

Cedar said...

While you've been busy with your referral and travel and new baby this year, I've been learning photography...so I also got a lens for Christmas...a 35mm 1.8. I used 25 pictures in my end of the year photo post: http://cedarsphotography.blogspot.com/2012/01/memories-dreams-and-reflection.html

Such sweet photos you shared. The sides of your children and the top of their heads are adorable!

Asianmommy said...

Happy New Year! What a great series of pics!