About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Tongginator's Testimonial

Last year the Husband and I made A Big Decision about Christmas.  We decided to stay home through Christmas morning.  I am so very glad we chose this new tradition for our family because - for the first time - the Tongginator will participate in a Christmas Eve program at church.  Every year prior to this she's watched longingly as angels and wise men walked past her while a narrator read from Scripture.  She's wistfully mouthed the words to famous carols as other children worshiped in front of the congregation.  She's watched her cousins chat with friends on Christmas Eve during the cookie hour.

But this year?  This year we'll be home.

She. Is. Thrilled.

Not only will she sing with other children during our evening service, she's also doing something that will touch y'all in a huge way.  This month our pastor led a sermon series on miracles, with the final two sermons in the series occurring on Christmas Eve and Day.  Several weeks ago he asked the congregation to prayerfully consider sharing cardboard testimonials during the Christmas Eve service that signify miracles in their lives.

Y'all, my seven-year-old asked to share one.

My SEVEN-YEAR-OLD.

The Tongginator first spoke with me about sharing her cardboard testimonial.  When I spoke with our pastor to ask his opinion, he felt absolutely thrilled, especially since she's the only child in the congregation to do so.  In fact, y'all, he told me his heart absolutely melted when he heard her words.  Now at this point in her life, my Tongginator has not chosen to be baptized, but still, she recognized a miracle in her life, and she wants to share it with our new church family.

Her cardboard testimonial will read:

waited my whole life for a sister (five LONG years)

*******

blessed with Squirt, my new baby sister

The tears, they well up every time I think of it.

My husband and I are the ones who are blessed, by both of our girls.

24 comments:

Sarah said...

Big tears welling up...

Walking to China said...

Tears here too.

Aus said...

TM - yeah - you and your husband are Blessed - but so are all of us - thank you for sharing your girls with us too!!

And ya know - baptized is good - but 'not baptised' doesn't mean that you don't have Faith!

Hugs - great joy for you guys - Merry Christmas!

aus and co.

happygeek said...

And now we have the ugly cry.
What an awesome miracle for all of you.

Sharie said...

Beautiful!

Julie said...

Tears!! What a beautiful testimony she will be sharing. How precious is the bond of sisterhood.

Journeywoman said...

Sniff.

Happy Christmas to all of the Tongginator household.

lmgnyc said...

Beautiful.

LucisMomma said...

AWESOME.

Makes me cry, too.

Girly Girl Mommy said...

I'm crying as well.

Bring a whole box of Kleenex to service!

Cedar said...

So sweet! So great that she'll be a part of the service. Glad a difficult decision will result in such joy.

Robin said...

More tears here! What a beautiful testimony! I love that she sees it as a miracle, which it is.

Sherri said...

I'm bawling just after watching the Cardboard Testimony link. Now to see what your baby girl wants to share, well, I'm a mess.

You are blessed.

Martha said...

ahhh so sweet...big tears blurring my vision as i type this comment. Blessings to a wonderful cardboard testimony Christmas

Amy said...

And now I'm crying too...

autumnesf said...

Speechless.

Mia's Mommy said...

Wow. She got me with that one.... where's the kleenex?

Rachel said...

Oh, tears here too! Our Lily did a cardboard testimonial last year for our Easter service...hers was:

Didn't have a family for the first year and a half of my life...

Now, I have a family.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!

prechrswife said...

Tears here, too...

Cavatica said...

She rocks!

organicnerd said...

Beautiful!!

Alison said...

precious.

3 Peanuts said...

Just the sweetest thing I have EVER read!

Alyson and Ford said...

BIG tears here too! Loved the video, thanks for sharing!

Alyzabeth's Mommy