About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fish Lips and Pizza

It's been a long time since my little Tongginator made me laugh out loud... she's definitely growing up into Quite The Big Girl.  But every once in awhile she somehow manages to give me a fit of the giggles.  Like last week, while we reviewed a school assignment together.

The Tongginator seemed truly puzzled by her incorrect answer.


After I walked her through it, the Tongginator looked at me, wrinkled up her nose and said, "well, Momma, I don't know what type of Chinese people my teacher has been hanging out with, but if it was Miss J or Mrs. S (our guides in China), they totally would have ordered me a pizza.  They wouldn't expect me to eat fish lips, even though I was born in China."

And you know what?

She's totally right.

15 comments:

The Source said...

Gosh...I have to side with your daughter on that one! Thank goodness for friends who wouldn't expect her to eat eyeballs!

Sharie said...

That is so adorable - and she's right. Perhaps the materials are outdated;)

Aus said...

"Totally" have to agree with Miss T - love that child!!

hugs - aus and co.

My name is Andy. said...

I think her answer rocks!!! I would love to hear what her teacher thought.

wallaby78 said...

I love her answer but unfortunately... I think I offended my hosts this weekend when I turned down the cow stomach lining and pig ear dish. They kept insisting it was really good and that "When in Rome..."

I still didn't eat it though.

lmgnyc said...

I think I'll have to "hang out" with the Togginator next time I go to China. :-)

LucisMomma said...

She's right!

Love hearing your updates.

Cedar said...

Just perfect!

prechrswife said...

That's great! Love it!

Catherine said...

LOL! That's one smart girl you've got there! :o)

Mama C said...

I am still trying to wrap myself around the assignment. Love how your daughter made sense of it though!

Can't imagine for a second your last few weeks. Sending EASE!

Ubiquitous Pidgeon said...

What a great answer from your girl! And as a teacher myself, I sometimes think these worksheets are a bit absurd. :)

epin said...

Great answer from T! And I never heard that fish lips were so special. As for fish eyes, I used to fight my siblings for those when I was a kid . . . not sure why since the eyes did not taste good.

Suzy said...

I am so glad that we weren't offered fish lips or eyes in China - further proof that there is a God & He is looking out for me. We did, however, learn that the inside of a watermelon seed is considered a snack food. I managed to politely eat that. My mom would've been so proud!

Cavatica said...

My mother tells a story of children in Taiwan fighting over fish eyes. Still I like the T's take on it.