About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Parenting Blogs Add to Technorati Favorites
Monday, July 18, 2011

We're Supposed to be Where?

Things are slowly settling into a routine around here, so I'm going to try to blog more regularly.  From the pre-trip craziness until now, I feel like I'm typing into the great unknown, since I can't interact on-line the way I used to be able to do.  The way I want to.  But - quite frankly - I don't see this changing anytime soon.  I've decided to blog regardless because I don't want to forget the little things that happen during these first few months together.  I mean, that's why I started this blog in the first place.

So I'll keep writing and giggling at or contemplating your comments (that is, if y'all are patient with my I-have-15-minutes-to-type-and-maybe-10-minutes-to-read-comments-but-no-time-for-more self, and you comment despite my rude, All About Me silence).

Last week the Tongginator and I took Mei Mei to see the pediatrician yet again.  We received the results of her blood tests, titers, stool sample (now THAT'S a post in and of itself) and hip ultrasound.  Everything looks good.  Even her hips, which are still clicking away, show no signs of being out of the sockets.  She'll definitely need some physical therapy, but no surgery and probably not even leg braces.

What a relief for this momma's heart.

The appointment was on Thursday morning, early.  Well, maybe not early, early, since 9:10 AM didn't used to feel like the crack of dawn.  But it does now, let me tell y'all.  I felt so, so proud of myself for getting all three of us out the door, relatively on time, with the stocked diaper bag and carrier in tow.  I grant all y'all Mommas of Many permission to laugh at my sorry self, but just leaving the house with both children in tow before noon felt like an accomplishment.  Especially since we were all completely dressed, fed and with teeth brushed.

(A few days before, we left the house and drove two blocks before I realized I'd forgotten my shoes.)

(And that I hadn't brushed my teeth.)

(To be honest, I probably wouldn't have driven back just for the teeth, but I absolutely needed my shoes.  So I tackled both.)

We arrived at the doctor's office with at least ten minutes to spare.  My "I'm so amazing that I managed to get out the door this early" self felt so awesome, I spent the entire elevator ride telling the Tongginator how great I was.  You know, because we had all of our clothes on, full bellies and we managed to make it to the doctor's office before our appointment time.

Then we signed in at the front desk.

And the receptionist informed me that our appointment was at the Annapolis office.

Which was NOT the office we were standing in.

I?  Am an idiot.

22 comments:

Cedar said...

Oh my! As a mother of three I was actually feeling quite a bit of sympathy for your pride in getting out the door on time (I struggle with pride myself), but I've never gone to the wrong doctor's office!

Very glad to hear that MeiMei's test results all came back so positive! Great news!

Keating Mom said...

So you don't feel so bad... Last year I sat for a few minutes in the dentist office waiting area, until the receptionist asked why we we there. I said Z had an appointment. She said "but he was just here a few weeks ago.". The it dawned on me that the appointment was actually with the EYE doctor!!!

Myrnie said...

Oh dear, that's frustrating!! Glad for all the good news about MM :)

lmgnyc said...

Welcome to my world. You sound totally normal to me.

Kim K. said...

That's fantastic news regarding MeiMei's hips!! I remember leaving Josie's diaper bag (which also held my purse/wallet..etc) in the parking lot inside a grocery cart when we first came home from China. The store called my house to tell me I had left it. Scattered, disorganized and severely sleep deprived was my world.

Thinking of you!!

Jamey... said...

Of course, no judgment here. I remember those first outings with two! And personally, three is still rocking my world and my teeth.... :)

Aus said...

Idiot? Not even - I've done that to myslef with none of the kids in tow!! But I must admit to never driving and not noticing I didn't have shoes....but hey....we all have our 'things'...he he...

hugs - aus and co.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Good to hear about mei mei's hip! And the rest of her tests!

You crack me up :-) I like to say for every child I have (& the hubs CAN count!) you can expect me to be five minutes late for each. So, if all of us are going somewhere - we will be 20 minutes late - that's just how it is :-) eventually, Im sure, we will just stop going places!

Girly Girl Mommy said...

Great news for Mei Mei! I have forgotten my shoes a time or two, but was wearing my slippers. Once, the kids remarked while we were Grocery shopping, "Mom, why are you wearing your slippers?" Oh well. Glad to 'see' you back!

Carissa said...

I am laughing as I read this and remember the first year with the twins...just know it gets better and you will laugh about it eventually!

Snapshot said...

and all my friends laugh at me when I groan at having to be somewhere by 9am with all 4! ;) I feel for you, I really really do.

Great to see you back blogging!!!!

Mahmee said...

I'll bet you everyone has one (or 1000) of those new kid in the house - where is my brain? stories. Me included. Actually, it's been 4.5 years now and I'm still having them...and I only have 1 kid (and 5 pets) to worry about. So really, I have no excuse.
So glad that MeiMei is doing so well.
M.

Kelley said...

Hee, hee, hee! Now, TM, I know you used to teach kindergarten, right? I'm a kindergarten teacher too. Yep. I can handle 20+ 5 year olds...but when it comes to getting my two babies out the door, I'm in the same boat you are. Humbling, isn't it? I hear it gets easier...but my girls are 5 and 2...and it's not easier yet. Hang in there, and blog when you can. It's always great to hear from you!

Chris said...

First, you are NOT an idiot!

Especially since I have done the exact same thing...once or twice...ahem.

Really, you are not an idiot cuz if you are an idiot that means I am too! lol!!!

Hang in there, it does get easier....

LucisMomma said...

Glad to see you again. :)

It's happened to me (the office part, not the shoes part). I won't tell you how often I've gotten out without brushing teeth! Welcome to Mommyhood With More Than One. I've always thought moms with one child had it easy--now you know why! LOL

Sharie said...

What kind of crazy doctor has 2 offices? That's just mean to moms in general.
I had to go back to work so soon after getting home with Amelia and it killed me. She didn't sleep so I was an emotional basket case/ walking zombie for months. I had to set an Outlook reminder to remember to leave work on time to pick her up! I lost my car keys in Kohls, cell phone in Sears and who knows what else. I totally feel for you!

Beyond Normal Limits said...

ugh... I am sure your belly just dropped when you heard that.

Alyson and Ford said...

Oh, I can tell from these posts that the stories are just going to get better and better! Sorry for the laugh at your expense, you are too funny! I enjoy life more when I can read your blog! Please get some rest and enjoy hugging that new daughter!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Cavatica said...

Gotta love a mama-brain story!!!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Hahahahahahaha.... LOVE it. Mommy brain strikes again. I am not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you. Really.

In fact, I was up waaaaaay too late the other night, reading our travel posts and our early days home posts. One of them was just like this. I arrived to the big CHOP outpatient campus (not big at all, two small buildings sharing a small parking lot) on the wrong day for the wrong appt. at the wrong building. At least THAT last one had a 50-50 chance...

Take heart. You ARE doing a great job. A great job at the things that count. All the other stuff? Ehhh, not that big a deal :)

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh! TM! hahaha. That is SO something I would have done.

I? Am WAY WAY WAY behind, because I KNEW I didn't want to just skim your blog posts post-trip. So I haven't been here in a month. Forgive me?

Onwards and upwards! Let's see what you wrote on June 19, eh? ;-p

Alison said...

Oh, I soooo know this feeling. Only in my world it looks like this: "Yay girls we're on time for the summer reading program's season finale Juggling show and it looks like we're the first ones here! Only to find out the juggler was LAST Tuesday. Yeah, that was a rough walk back out to the car.

I have Lots and Lots and Lots of grace for moms who are late or lost or even ill-prepared, as long as everyone shows up safely, eventually. ;)