About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, June 12, 2011

We Didn't Fall Asleep

Oh, how the Tongginator loved seeing the Beijing Acrobat Show!  The Husband and I were just glad we managed to stay awake for the entire performance, since last time we both dozed off for several acts.  And yes, y’all, you can “see” said dozing on our previous trip’s video as the camera shots bob in time with our nodding heads.  Just for the record, though, said sleepiness in no way reflected the quality of the show, instead it communicated a ton about jet lag at four in the afternoon once one has traveled half-way around the world.



I don’t have the energy to write much tonight, so instead I’ll simply share a few of my favorite photographs taken during the acrobat show.  And yeah, yeah, yeah, I know we weren’t supposed to take photos during the show.  But I did anyway.  Because I am obnoxious like that.  At least I didn’t use my flash out of respect for the performers.  

Oh, and because I didn’t want to get caught.


After the show, the Tongginator excitedly shared that she no longer wanted to own a lemonade stand when she grew up.  Now she wants to be an acrobat.  Aim high, I told her, as long as you don’t risk life and limb on a tightrope or something.


13 comments:

Cedar said...

So glad to be able to follow your trip a little. Thank you for taking the time to share. Praying for you and your family--I have forgotten that Tonggu Momma is not your real name.

DebM said...

Hahaha! I, unfortunately, slept through almost the entire show when we went! Oh the jet-lag memories! Looking forward to the coming posts!

Donna said...

I'm enjoying reading about your trip, I love to relive our two trips through others (we adopted in 08 and last November)...looking forward to reading about the rest of your journey! And, yes, they do seem to schedule that show right about the time all you want to do is sleep! Donna

Aunt LoLo said...

LOVE this!!! We saw a similar show last time I was in China...so inspiring!

Aus said...

Ah yes - ain't jet lag a wonderful thing!! Having worked 'shifts' a lot prior to our trip I wasn't nearly as bothered as Marie or Britt - Brianna (as only kids can) - bounced like I did!

Still - great memory - loved that show!

hugs - aus and co.

bridget said...

oh I'm glad you posted these! We saw a group from Australia here in the states a month or so ago. I told my boys they were nothing after you've seen the Chinese in Beijing!! Now I can show them pics :) My oldest is in gymnastics and his goal is to be in the circus (great!!)

Jaggerfan1 said...

I love those pictures. Makes me want to visit China all that much more. Those pictures were lovely, and I love them

Cavatica said...

Just catching up and YOU'RE IN CHINA!!! Yipee, y'all. My jet lag gave me a strange, drunk feeling in Hong Kong. Can't wait for more posts. Wait... your name isn't really Tonggu Momma?

3cmum said...

Not sure if you'll be able to see this but join securitales...it will let you access everything you need on the web -even FB

Bell said...

Thank you for keeping the window open to your adventure in China.
I love getting a glimpse of your trip and sharing your excitement.
Have a wonderful time!

Dita said...

Thinking of you, TM....
xo
Dita

Kim K. said...

Thinking of you BIG time!

Mia's Mommy said...

We went to the show at 7pm...after a full day of other tours. I fell asleep many times only to jerk my head back up when the applause would start. Sadly, I missed most of it thanks to the jet lag and sheer exhaustion.