About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

[SHOCKING, I know. I actually managed to read blogs this week. Not as many as I would have liked, but I did get to a few. What were all y'alls favorite adoption-specific links this week?]

To search or not to search -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... on whether families who've adopted from China should try to search for their children's birth families

An Open Letter to Some Very Special AParents and if you thought THAT was crossing the line -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... on the recent forum discussions about birthparents searching for their children who have been adopted internationally

Adoption Paradigms
-- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Claudia at My Fascinating Life... on the two most prevalent adoption paradigms in society, and how your position within the adoption community influences which one you hear the most

Abandonment Issues in Adoption on "America's Next Top Model"
-- first mother Lorraine at Birthmother, First Mother Forum... discussing ANTM finalist Molly, a young adult adoptee who recently shared her thoughts on her abandonment issues

you don't need to adopt to care for orphans -- adoptive momma (foster care adoption and Haiti) Kristen at rage against the minivan... on how to care for orphans and help to preserve families

A Candid Confession: I'm "That" Adoptee -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... on being "that" adoptee, the one who others believe is perfectly content with adoption in theory and, specifically, her own adoption

Adoption is built on trauma, pain and loss -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Christine at welcome to my brain... on how love doesn't delete the trauma, pain and loss associated with adoption

revisiting "and so it begins..." -- adoptive momma (Korea) Mom2One at Two Worlds, One Family... thinking more about her son's comment wishing he'd "never left Korea"

I Love My Mom, But...: Loyalty, Gratitude and Adoption
-- adoptive momma (Korea) and adoption researcher Dawn at Creating a Family... sharing her thoughts about a recent blog post written by an adult adoptee, and the various comments the post generated

Seeing "Birth Families" as Human -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) adoptionparadox... thoughts and emotions after reading recent adoptive parent blog posts and comments about searching for their childrens' first families

First Annual All Girls Allowed Dinner
-- adoptive momma (China) Reena at Over the Moon to Home and Back Again... the first fundraising dinner for the non-profit All Girls Allowed

5 comments:

Lindy D. said...

I just finished Melissa Fay Greene's book "No Biking in the House Without a Helmet." She is the mother of nine children, five adopted from Bulgaria and Ethiopia. I loved this book.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

fantastic. Thank you!

lea
xo

LucisMomma said...

Loved the searching posts.

TM, I just saw (heard, really--I was not watching the tv) something about Kung Fu Panda--Po searches for his birth parents. I cannot find any synopsis that deals with the adoption theme. Do you have any input? I wonder if I will have an hysterical daughter when we go see the movie (she is begging to go when it comes out).

Cedar said...

Thank you! I found the posts I had not read before very clarifying. I really liked the paradigm post.

Thank you for taking the time out of packing! Happy travels!

Michele said...

What a wonderful blog! This is my first visit and I hope to make more. I'm an adoptive mom, my daughter (now 7) came home from India. She's gorgeous, of course, and I'm not biased. Wanted to share a wonderful piece of writing by a friend of mine who got to know her son (from Korea) first through the food of his birth country. Really moving. Here's the link: http://hyphenatedchef.com/groovy-thoughts-from-others/how-bi-bim-bop-made-a-mom