About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Sofia's Journey -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... a review of Dr. Changfu Chang's most recent documentary about China adoption

What (Not) To Say Series, Part Three: Adoptive Families -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) and guest blogger Nicky at Significantly Simple... words to avoid when speaking with an adoptive family

I didn't search because I was looking for a new family -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on her very personal reasons for choosing to search for her biological family

today -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... thoughts about her daughter's first family on her daughter's birthday

Guest Post: The Business of Adoption from the Inside (A Korean-American Adoptee's Experience) -- adult adoptee (Korea) and former adoption agency employee Kevin at Slant Eye for the Round Eye... on common policies and attitudes about adoption within the culture of adoption agencies

Rose-Colored Glasses: Where Did I Lose Thee? -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Shonda at God Will Add... on her process of learning that you don't know what you don't know until you know it

Obligation -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at Words of Weary Memories... on the obligations members of the adoption community have or do NOT have towards one another

The Bucket Race and Racial Identity -- adult adoptee (domestic, transracial) Kevin D. Hofmann at My Mind on Paper... on how the world truly DOES see color and how this impacts children

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a list of blogs of families who received the most recent China adoption referrals (including! mine!)

The "Angsty Adoptee." What Does "Angst" Really Mean Anyway? -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... on labels society and specifically the adoption community often gives to adult adoptees

Who Are Birth Parents? -- adoptive momma (Korea) and adoption researcher Dawn at Creating a Family... sharing research about first parents, plus a guest post written by an anonymous first mother

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Seriously? I can't believe you got this post up. Your amazing. thank you.

I have I told you how happy I am for you?

lea
xo

Nicky said...

Thanks for the shout-out!!

Nicky

http://rowanfamilytree.com

Guest blogged on http://www.significantlysimple.com/2011/03/what-not-to-say-series-part-3-adoptive.html

Heather and Laila said...

Thank you for linking to us. We hope to be doing some good in helping other understand how powerful their words can be. We also posted about Pregnancy and family types as well as Families with Unique Children.

Thanks again. :)

www.significantlysimple.com