About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

the psychological impact of abandonment
-- adoptive momma (foster care and Haiti) and psychologist Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... sharing the presentation she gave on the psychological needs of orphans at the recent The Idea Camp

Two Daughters -- former foster mom in China Carrie at the New Day Foster Home blog... a hauntingly beautiful post talking about her infant daughter and an infant in a Chinese orphanage who shares her daughter's same birthday

Adoption: my daughter asks a tough question and Do Over: I'm a bastard, right, mom? -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Lori at Write Mind, Open Heart... one really tough conversation with her daughter about the word bastard, as it relates to adoptees

Post-Adoption Depression -- adoptive momma (China) Wendy at Adoption & Fire... thoughts and emotions about post-adoption depression, as well as several resource links

Actually, my mom is white ... so, do you accept me now? -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... realizing that she finds security in telling people that her mom is white, and how she feels about that realization

Sometimes, life just sucks, okay? -- adoptive momma (domestic, transracial) and guest contributor Amber Dorko Stopper at Love Isn't Enough... on how not every challenge traces back to adoption-related issues

Do Asians Hate Asian-Americans? -- Japanese-American, writer and filmmaker Koji Steven Sakai at the group blog 8 Asians... pondering the question "do Asians hate Asian-Americans?"

Why I Won't Write for Your Adoption Agency -- first mom Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... three major reasons why she will not write a guest post for an adoption agency blog

A letter to grandparents of children with RAD -- guest blogger and grandmother to an adoptee Brenda at welcome to my brain... a great post for new adoptive parents and extended relatives to read, regardless of where their child fits on the attachment continuum

Crumbs -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at Words of Weary Memories... on how biology matters to society except when you're adopted

A few thoughts on Adoption -- adoptive momma (domestic, Ethiopia and China) Danielle at Westhaven Kids... thoughts about the losses so inherent to adoption

A Common Sense Letter -- author and (former) volunteer in a Chinese orphanage Kay Bratt at Kay Bratt Uncensored... a common sense letter about adoption to family, friends and nosy strangers

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

thank you for all you investigation TM. AS usually truly appropriated.

lea
xo

Dani said...

Thanks for linking to me!

Haley Ballast said...

Fantastic, as always! Thank you so much!