About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Attachment: How Disordered is it, Really? -- foster care alum Sunday Koffron Taylor at To Tell The Truth... talking about attachment therapies she experienced as a child

Adoption: It's Not All Hearts and Smiley Faces -- adoption researchers and adoptive momma (Korea) Dawn at Creating a Family... on the tough stuff that is adoption

An Interview with Xinran -- Korean-American and Smithsonian Institution: Asian Pacific American Program employee Terry Hong at Bookslut... an interview with acclaimed author Xinran, with many questions focusing on her latest book Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother

The New Generations of Adoptees Have it All -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... on how many believe, erroneously, that younger adoptees have it easier than generations past

For Crying Out Loud -- adoptive momma (China) Sherri at Drawing Maps of China... on attachment and raging

You Know, I Think I Was "Angrier" Before -- adult adoptee (domestic, closed) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... defining the adoption fog, and adoption paradoxes

One Month and Five Days Later
-- first mother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... thoughts and emotions one month and five days after learning that the daughter she relinquished will be moving across the country with her adoptive family

Adoptees Don't Just Feel Foreign Around White People
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Faded Footsteps... on living between two worlds as a transracial adoptee

AND TWO POSTS ABOUT THE CHANGES WITHIN ETHIOPIA'S ADOPTION PROGRAM: Not the Work of Satan by VeggieMom at Creating Our Joy and also Context at Straight Magic

3 comments:

the meaklims said...

Excellent post on Yoons Blur. And Dawn's Creating a Family spoke to me in a huge way.

I don't say it every Sunday, but I really appreciate you posting these links. My hubby and girl go for a nap on Sunday afternoons and I really appreciate reading these links - they certainly broaden my narrow mind.

Jill

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Thank you so much for the link TM and to all of the folks who took the time to read my post!

mouseneb said...

Thanks for the links!

As I may have mentioned in the past, I live and China and do volunteer work at a local orphanage. Right now I work with some other volunteers doing crafts with 5-10 yr. old orphans, most of whom have some physical limitations and handicaps.

We work them to improve their hand-eye coordination, and give them lots of one-on-one attention and love. Many of the kids there ended up being adopted overseas, so I also try to speak some English with the kids.

Anyway, the reason I'm sharing this is, I was wondering if there's anything you wish could have been done for your kids before you adopted them, or any advice you can give us about how to get these kids even a little bit prepared for the possibility (but not certainty) of international adoption?

Thanks for this blog, I love it!

~Nicki