About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

White Dad, Black Son and Raising Kids in a "Colorblind" World -- adoptive dad (domestic, open) Terry Keleher at Colorlines... on the importance of avoiding colorblind parenting, where we try to protect our kids from racism by pretending it doesn’t exist, and the need to embrace racially conscientious parenting [HAT TIP to Tami Winfrey Harris at Love Isn't Enough]

Breaking the Birthmother Rules
-- first mother Claudia at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on her journey as a first mom, from just after relinquishment to now

Let's Talk About Attachment -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Claudia at My Fascinating Life... sharing her own family's personal experiences with attachment, and sharing other families' experiences via a blog carnival

Born Identity -- adult adoptee (Korea) kim saebom shares an article written by adult adoptee and adoptive parent (Korea) Kelly Christine Blomberg for Hyphen Magazine... on adult adoptees who choose to later adopt children from their own countries of birth

Seeing Outside the Well -- adoptive momma (China) Heather at Noodles, Tea and a Didi, Please... on learning the importance of not being a "frog in a well" (a common Chinese metaphor)

everyday people
-- adoptive momma (China) mama d at the life that is waiting for us... on the importance of parents who adopt transracially making themselves minorities within a larger community

I Believe in Signs
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... sharing ways that she processed her adoption as a child, ways that might remain hidden to others if they don't look closely enough

I Double-Dog Dare You, Brother and Sister Arnell
-- first mother M. at Letters to Mrs. Feverfew... in response to the words of another that claim that the only claim of motherhood is serving a child for a lifetime

Attachment -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... on the ongoing journey of attachment

I Cannot Deny It -- adult adoptee (domestic) shadowtheadoptee at The adopted ones blog... on the stages of grief in relation to adoption and also the author's loss of sight

A grand social experiment
-- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... on how her children did not sign up to be part of the social experiment of international adoption

10 Reasons Why Adult Adoptee Narratives Are Relevant -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... 10 reasons, including the all-important "we're still adopted (even though we're adults now)"

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Happy Sunday!

lea
xo

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yay for Sunday Linkage!!!!

I LOVED the story about the Korean adoptee who adopted a little girl from Korea..what a special bond those two have together. It made me cry.

P.S. Guess what??? You're NEXT!!!!!!

Heather said...

Thank you for including my post. I'm learning so much from my Chinese friends as I am understanding different perspectives and am enjoying learning Chinese as well!