About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, March 28, 2011

She's Marrying Me Off

On Friday morning, as the Tongginator and I walked into school, she again expressed Major Concern for Mr. G, her gym teacher, who'd been home sick the past two days. She wondered if he was all better and if she'd see him in gym class later that day. Because, while the Tongginator continues to announce her rotating list of "boyfriends" with stomach turning ease, Mr. G remains the one constant in her Future Marriage Plans.

As we approached the school crosswalk, we spotted Mr. G walking passed the buses. I could tell he'd heard us taking his name in vain, so I smiled and explained that the Tongginator felt "very concerned for his health" this past week, and that she was relieved to see him "all better." The Tongginator blushed from head to toe and denied said charge with vigor. Mr. G chuckled, and he and I moved on, both physically and mentally. The Tongginator, however, could not let it go. She continued to argue with me as we trailed behind the vice-principal, walking towards the front doors.

TONGGINATOR: I did NOT talk about Mr. G all week, Momma.

TONGGU MOMMA
: Okay, Tongginator. Whatever you say.

TONGGINATOR: But Momma? You know what? I want Mr. G to be my daddy.

TONGGU MOMMA
: (laughing) I'm glad you like Mr. G so much, Tongginator, but I think Daddy would have a problem with that.

TONGGINATOR: Oh. Yeah. Well, okay, then I want him to be my first step-daddy.

TONGGU MOMMA
: (laughing even more) I think your daddy would have an even BIGGER problem with that, Tongginator.

And that's when the vice-principal turned his head to identify us. Probably so that he could accurately name us when he retold the story.

*blush*

21 comments:

Myrnie said...

whoops.....haha!

Laurie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sharie said...

That is cute!

Amelia often says, "I like how he looks."
Which I now know means, "I think he looks like a good dad."

She only needed to say it out loud in front of one stranger before I learned not to probe that coment any further!

thewonderfulhappens said...

When I was in first grade, I wanted my mom to marry my gym teacher too!!!! My mom was single--he was married, but I saw no problems with that.

Kristi said...

I just snorted. :)
Oh my, that is funny!

Aus said...

Well look at it this way - you have blackmail fodder now!

hugs - aus and co.

the meaklims said...

I sit here and giggle. My goodness, she is funny!

Jill

Wendy said...

My daughter is in love with her gym teacher, too. She is always saying, "Why can't I wear dresses on gym days? Mr. T has never seen me in a pretty dress." This is completely untrue, since I work and am friends with Mr. T and my daughter wears dresses at least 4 days a week, one of which is a gym day. When I asked her if she had a crush on him, she said, "Mother, I don't love him in THAT way, I only love him in the teacher way."

I don't believe her for one second.

Lavender Luz said...

Maybe you should move to Utah?

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, that is too funny!! =)

sara said...

There are places you could make that work and then get a show on TLC :)

Wanda said...

Ahhh.....ain't it fun!

(I've been haunting RQ's site for you and am having flash backs. Thx.)
=)

Cedar said...

I agree. That would be a problem. Very funny!

Melissa said...

Grin - is having a child with a revolving marriage list better or worse than a child who has her wedding and honeymoon plans with the same boy since they were 2? (they are both soon to turn 5) and he agrees. It is so planned and she said she hopes people hit their glasses ALOT at the reception so they could do ALOT of kissing. sigh.

LaLa said...

Too funny!! Annslee's gym teacher is the reining Mrs. USA...so yeah, she is facinated!

Merrill said...

That is so funny. My first (and only) marriage proposal came from a second grader in my very first class...complete with a plastic ring from a gum ball machine. I had to break his heart gently. 17 years later, I still have that ring in my jewelry box.

Mama C/Catherine said...

Oh Merrill's comment just gave me chills, as I am wearing a plastic ring from a gumball machine my 3 year old gave me last week!

I love how you captured this. I can see Mr. G, and all of you with such sweet ease.

Today my 6 year old said; "I had to sit out for proposing to too many girls." I was at the dentist with a machine in my mouth, so I'd better follow up on that!

Jboo said...

So funny! Bet Mr. G turned all shades of red when he found out!

Had a dream that you got your referral and were referred a 4-year old boy AND an 8-month old baby girl! Get ready!! :)

Janet

LucisMomma said...

That is so funny!

Melissa--your DD sounds just like my DD--she and a boy at church have been planning on getting married since DD was 2 and he was 4. He turns 8 on Saturday, and I think DD was the only non-cousin girl invited.

Mahmee said...

Hey...the more, the merrier..right? Ha ha.

Janet said...

I KNOW I shouldn't take such perverse pleasure in your pain, but that is hilarious. Sorry. Can't help it.