About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Miss T

Today my little Tongginator turns seven-years-old. I can't believe how fast these past six years flew by... it seems like just yesterday my toddler was eating strawbabies and colored see-ray-ray and asking me to use bobby tails in her hair.

There are times that I miss those days.

But most of the time I don't.

Because every day that I know my Tongginator is such a blessing to me. The more I know her, the more I understand her, and the better I am able to love her. When she shares herself with me - whether it's a generous outpouring of love or a cranky stomp up the stairs - she shows me that she trusts me with her core self. The older she gets, the more she allows me into her mind. Nothing beats that kind of knowledge... not even bobby tails.

Several days ago, during Sunday School, the Tongginator's class focused on the Golden Rule from Luke 6:31. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." They spoke about praying for their enemies and talked about the power of second chances. The Tongginator drew a picture of her enemy, as a reminder to pray for her, and also drew a picture of the guys who work at the bowling alley, retrieving balls that stop half-way down the lane.

Because they gave her a second chance to knock the pins down.

Heh.

Later that afternoon, the Tongginator opened up even more about her "enemy," sharing with me her thoughts and feelings about the situation. That conversation? Would not have happened four years ago... probably not even two years ago. And now I know her more.

My baby is growing up.

And I am so blessed to know her.

Happy Birthday, Tongginator! Seven will be YOUR year.

38 comments:

Cedar said...

Happy Birthday, Miss T!

Heather said...

Happy birthday to the Tongginator!

Aunt LoLo said...

Happy birthday, Miss T!!!!

Help Each Other Make A Better World said...

Great site. Good information. Like it. Will be back to read more soon.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday to a pretty amazing little girl!! Hope she has a wonderful day:)

xoxo,

Lisa

bbmomof2boys said...

Happy Birthday T from Little T and Carla!



ps - Hey TM....YOU ARE NEXT!!!!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Sounds like "Miss T" is quite the girl.

Enjoy the celebration!

lea
xo

Aus said...

Happy Birthday T-baby!! 7 is a great age - and you - well we know you are a great kid, and soon to be great Jei jei!

(next - next - next - next...)

hugs - aus and co.

Tonggu Grammy said...

Happy Birthday to my favorite 7 year old! I love you and can't wait to watch you become the best Jei jei in the whole world.

Can't wait for our family birthday party. I have a very special present for YOU!

Teacher Girl said...

Happy birthday T! Hope you all enjoy a fabulous day.

Elouise82 said...

Happy Birthday Tongginator!

jen@odbt said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Enjoy celebrating!

Gail said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful girl!!!! 7 is a fabulous age in all ways.

Mama King said...

Happy Birthday Little T! You are truly a gift to your family and friends :-) Have a wonderful year.

Annie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Miss T!! I didn't know that the Tongginator and my Emmeline share the same birthday!!! Different year but same day!

epin said...

Happy birthday!

prechrswife said...

Happy Birthday, Tongginator!!!

sara said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! You are wonderful, and smart, and funny and wise beyond your years and I'm certain that year 7 will be fantastic!

snekcip said...

Happy 7th Birthday Tongginator!!

Sharie said...

Happy 7th Birthday T! What a kind, sweet spirit you have become. I have enjoyed hearing how you've grown the last few years and I can't wait to hear about your adventures in China and as a big sister.
I am so happy that your heart is big enough to pray for your "enemy" I had one of those from Kindergarten all the way until I graduated from High School and I didn't learn until I was 16 to pray for her. You are a wonder indeed!

Wendy said...

Awe!!! Happy Birthday!!!

3D said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Keep smilin!

autumnesf said...

A big happy bday to Miss T!

I say every year...this is my favorite. Except year 16 with my son. I've brain erased that one. Otherwise...they all end up being my favorite. How can it not be as we watch our kids become the person they one day will be?? Its awesome!

Briana's Mom said...

Happy, Happy Birthday beautiful Miss T! Seven is just awesome!

Briana is having trouble with a little girl in her class right now. Had to talk to the teacher this morning about it. I'm so grateful Briana feels comfortable sharing with me. Insert "sigh of relief."

The Byrd's Nest said...

Happy Birthday little princess!!!!!

That is wonderful that she is sharing her feelings, I treasure these moments with Lottie also:)

Mamatini said...

Happy Birthday, Tongginator!!

Just think, NEXT year you'll be celebrating with your mei-mei!

Shirlee McCoy said...

Happy birthday, Miss T. May every year be your year!

M3 said...

Happy birthday fab Miss T!!!

delucchi family said...

Happy Birthday to Tongginator!! I pray 7 will be an amazing year with very few if not no enemies!!
Love and hugs
Jules
xxx

The Gang's Momma! said...

7 is Heaven!!!! Yay for you, Little T. It's going to be an awesome, GOD year for you - He has all kinds of amazing and wonderful things in store for you now and in your life ahead. Cling to HIM, listen to your wise Momma and Daddy, and you will be a STAR in HIS eyes. Hugs to you from PA.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Miss T!

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Happy Birthday!

the meaklims said...

Happy birthday to your sweet sassy 7 year old! And almost a big sister to boot!
Funny you mention 'the golden rule' - Lilah was just watching that veggietale episode (for the first time) on our 3 hour drive home from a funeral today. :)

Jill

Wanda said...

Happy birthday T!!! Seven is such a great age. (We just good-bye to it today. Sigh......)

LucisMomma said...

Happy Birthday, Miss T!

Seven is a wonderful age! Wonderful number!

Kristi said...

Happy birthday Togginator!
And what a wonderful conversation...

kitchu said...

oh i'm always late these days. life.

happy birthday to your sweet seven year old~!

Special K said...

I'm a little late but still want to wish the T a happy belated birthday!