About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Surprises

Despite my total lack of The Romantic Gene, I must confess that I received three absolutely lovely Valentine's Day gifts this year. It was a huge step up from the windshield wipers, let me tell y'all.

(And no criticizing the Husband about the wipers. Because I actually asked for those.)

*blush*

This year the Husband and I continued our recent Computer Nerd trend, as he gifted me with an electronic reader (Kindle, oh, Kindle, how do I love thee?) whereas I gifted him with wireless headphones. You know, so we can show our extreme love for one another by ignoring one another completely.

Rueful... and in love.

But I also received two emails, the first from Adoptive Families magazine, sharing that it will be including Our Little Tongginator in its first-annual roundup of the top adoption blogs. The list will appear in the magazine's March/April issue, and they'll be sending me a graphic "top adoption blogger" badge to display on the blog.

Stunned... and excited.

The second email was from my blog friend Lisa of A Bushel and a Peck. I'm guest posting over at her blog today. It's an oldie but goody that many of y'all may have already read. But if y'all want to know how I met my best friend Canuck K... or if you're struggling to attach to your child... check out my post Circle of Friends over at Lisa's site today.

Reflective... and oh-so grateful.

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all. How are YOU celebrating?

18 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations on the AF nod--well deserved!

Buckeroomama said...

Congrats on being one of the top adoption blogs selected by AF! :)

Happy Valentine's Day... enjoy with your Kindle and the headphones. :)

Kim K. said...

Congratulations on the AF honor. Very cool!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Congratulations my friend!!!!!! We are super boring with Valentine's Day and never give each other anything. But I did get a Kindle for Christmas and love love love it!!!!!!

Aus said...

Congrats on the recognition by AF - quite the quite actually - when you consider the HUGE number of adoptive blogs out there! OH - and I'm compelled to agree with their decision as well!

hugs - aus and co.

thewonderfulhappens said...

Congrats on that honor. You definitely are a top adoption blogger!!!

As far as celebrating--I'm taking my boys (aged 3 and 4) to the dentist. We're all about the romance.

LucisMomma said...

Of course we know you are a top adoption blogger--so deserved. Enjoy that badge!

Love that ignoring each other in love thing...I remember right after we got married, going to a friend's house...she and her DH were sitting in recliners in their TV room. I thought, weird! They should be sitting on the couch together! All cuddled up! Didn't take me long to figure out that I liked my own recliner, too. :)

I love my Kindle. Got it for Christmas. Kudos to your DH for getting a neat-o present for you!

Debbie said...

Congrats on all your good fortune!
I hope you are having a great Valentine's Day!

Wendy said...

Congrats! So well deserved!

Celebrating with BOTH my girls (Becky is home from college on break). My husband gave me macadamia nuts. 'Nuff said.

Holly said...

Hooray TM congrats! Only YOU could pull off being this popular and STILL maintain total anonymity:)
We celebrate by having Chinese food and family games or movie night. You see, in 2007 on this very day we received Josiah's referral :) We've celebrated with Chinese every year since 2007 :)
The kids all got chocolate and I bought the hubby his favorite ice cream- Chunky Monkey :)

Sharie said...

I am so so jealous. An iPad and now a Kindle! I said yesterday "I think I want a Kindle." to which my sister replied. "Of course you do, it's a gadget" Yes, I love my gadgets, but I really do want a Kindle. You'll have to let me know how you like it.
I'm not sure if that's the way to go, or if I should get a Nook so that Amelia can get books in color. Too many choices.

lmgnyc said...

Holy cow TM, congratulations on the AF honor! Wow, that's amazing. You so deserve it. :-)

Beth said...

Congratulations on all 3 gifts!
I wanted to share a kindle blog with you: http://www.dailycheapreads.com.
MANY free and inexpensive (under $5) kindle books listed daily!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Beth

Magi said...

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Debz said...

Congrats girl! I'm not at all surprised!
I got my Kindle before Christmas and I LURVE it. Was runnong out of shelf space for any more books, perfect remedy.

malinda said...

CONGRATS! Top blogger, indeed! A well-deserved honor -- those AF folks know what they're talkin' about!

Now an Air Force Wife and Mommy!! said...

Congrats :) I love reading your story. I too have a love for my kindle! I spend much needed quiet time with mine :) As for Vday me and my little man hung out and chatted with dada on the phone :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations Top Blogger!! I knew it was just a matter of time. Next thing you know you'll have a cookbook and a romance novel to add to your credits. ;-)