About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

10 tangible things you can do to help your child understand their identities
-- adoptive momma (Guatemala and Ethiopia) Rachel at If It Takes A Whole Life... sharing 10 things her rabbi believes Jewish parents should do to help their children understand their identities, and stretching the connection to include her childrens' birth cultures

Uncomfortable -- adoptive momma (China) Amy at Lots O' Kidz... thoughts on how the passage of time makes us forget

After the Horrifying Thoughts: Thinking About Adoption Disruptions -- first mother Claudia at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... a reminder that adoption begins in disruption

Adoption Commentary Craw Exposed AKA How To Piss Off A Claud -- first mother Claudia at her personal blog Musings of the Lane... responding to a nasty comment left on her GIMH post listed above (and I typically avoid linking to response posts such as these, but Claud was my amazing roomie at BlogHer AND the comment she received was so jaw-droppingly nasty, I am still shocked - I want y'all to see what first moms often face in terms of prejudice)

Orphan Care Isn't Sexy
-- founder of The Mercy House Kirsten at We Are THAT Family... the title says it all

adoption shouldn't be a ministry -- an adoptive momma (Korea) at 2 worlds 1 family... thoughts about religion and adoption, and the number 147 million

Things I Won't Say -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... thoughts about "jokes" and sly comments relating to adoption

You are not ugly -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Christine at welcome to my brain... a beautifully ugly post on parenting children from the hard places

Black and White Wednesday: My Daughter and I -- adoptive momma (China) Kayce at Our Boy and His Cricket... the first year of their journey together as mom and daughter

If I Feel This Way, How Will She Feel? -- adoptive momma (China) Leigh at La Bicicleta... thoughts about their search for their daughter's birthparents

Not The Same
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) adoption paradox and Canadian-born Chinese Lika at Adoption Paradox... comparing and contrasting the loss of culture through immigration and through international adoption

Abducted vs. Adopted: What's the Difference? -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... the comments are the must-read on this brief post

To Share or Not to Share
-- adoptive momma (the Philippines and Thailand) Wendy at Born in Our Hearts... on privacy within adoption blogging, when the stories are mostly not our own

7 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

thanks for your dedication each and every Sunday. I appreciate it.

Lea
xo

Wendy said...

I echo #6's comments! I don't know how you do this every Sunday, but I certainly thank you for it.

And thanks for the link to my blog again this week. I am so not worthy!

Kim said...

Thanks for these links! We've been taking turns with the flu over here, and I've missed a lot, so thanks for bringing us the highlights, TM!

Rachel said...

Thanks for linking to my blog... It's really terrific that you do this link-up for folks.

R

Cedar said...

Almost every link had me in tears this week, but that's okay--just more growing in compassion for me. Thank you.

Tracey said...

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us. I'm a fellow adoptive parent (China). I have always wanted to find my daughter's birth family. You raise important considerations about searching and provide resources. Thank you so much!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Hmmm...."To share or not to share" was a big ouchie for me. Here I was thinking I was helping other parents with "not feeling alone" in their issues with attachment or any other behavioral problem associated with adoption (along with my girls pictures plastered all over my blog) because I have felt all alone in our journey because not too many blogs I read talk about the "hard stuff". Here I was using my extroverted...tell all...transparent personality and exposing my children all at the same time. Thanks for posting this:)