About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Answers and Shock and Awe -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... thoughts and emotions after meeting her daughter's first family during their homeland trip

My middle name -- Chinese-American BusyDad (Jim) as a guest poster at Love Isn't Enough... an account of many instances of racism he's faced through the years, from childhood to present-day

Forever is Forever -- first mother Cassi at Adoption Truth... on how expectant moms often face others pushing "the here and now" onto them, when motherhood is for a lifetime

Selfish Me? -- adoptive momma (China) Shirlee McCoy at And Then There Were Seven... thoughts about her daughter as a future adult adoptee

My Learning Curve: When Sad Looks Like Mad -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) One Thankful Mom at A Bushel and a Peck... learning, as a parent, how to stop her own "mad cycle" when her daughter looks angry, but is actually hurting inside

Oprah Winfrey Joins the Adoption Community -- first mother Claudia at Musings of the Lame... a heart-felt letter asking Oprah to lend her support to the quest for original birth certificates for adult adoptees

Just Living -- adult adoptee (domestic) issycat at Adopt This!... thoughts after reunion

Don't Mind Me: I'm Just a Birth Woman -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... responding to another's reaction to this excellent post by SocialWorker247

Voices in Adoption -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive parent (China) Raina at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... sharing her reasons for no longer writing at her personal blog Faiths & Illusions

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a list of blogs of families who received the most recent China referrals

Surviving the Adoption Wait
-- adoptive momma (Korea) Dawn at Creating a Family... suggestions for keeping busy while waiting to adopt

From my point of view -- adult adoptee (domestic) The adopted ones at The adopted ones blog... an unfair difference between bio adults and adopted adults

White people are the center of the universe
-- adoptive momma (China) Awesome Cloud's Mom at Zhe shi wo ying er: The Unstoppable AwesomeCloud... thoughts and emotions after reading up on race issues as a mom who adopted transracially

6 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Thank you TM!

Lea
xo

HAPPY SUNDAY to you!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love being educated on your blog...wow..wow..wow..on the very first story of the little girl meeting her first family! And she looks so young...I do wonder how they found them..amazing!

the meaklims said...

Just 15 more days!!!

Jill

Diane said...

Thanks TM. The 'Middle Name' piece is absolutely stellar writing.

Travis Dietz said...

Love love your blog and your Sunday linkage. The Adopt This! blog made me ponder, think and cry. Thank you for doing this!

Shonda said...

woops ... that previous comment was me (Godwilladd.com mama). Apparently, I was accidentally signed into my hubby's account.