About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

NOT LUCK BUT CHOICE
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on living a life in two worlds that do not readily or willingly merge

By Josh. -- adoptive dad (Ethiopia) Josh at Ethiopia or Bust... reflective thoughts on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Why Didn't You Say Something? -- adult adoptee (domestic, closed) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... considering the reasons after her adoptive mom asks why she didn't speak up about her thoughts on adoption before

Tit for Tat -- first mother Cassi at Adoption Truth... showing how unproductive it is to try to compete over whose pain is greater: a first mother or a woman struggling with infertility

Lucky Girl
-- adoptive momma (China) Omega Mom... a conversation with her daughter after her daughter exclaims "I'm a lucky girl"

Why Chinese Mothers are Average, Part One -- Timothy Dalrymple at Six Seeds... discussing the WSJ article "Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior" advertising the new release of Amy Chua's book "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" [HAT TIP to Holly of Purpose-Driven Family]

a different kind of open adoption -- adoptive momma (foster to adopt and Haiti) Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... describing the special connection their son feels with his "family"

The List -- prospective adoptive dad (Ethiopia) Shaun Groves... sharing a recent exercise their adoption agency took them through, highlighting the losses in adoption

Expanding the Radar Screen -- adult adoptee (domestic, transracial) Kevin D. Hoffman at My Mind on Paper... speaking before a group of adoptive parents while a childhood friend observes, he has a first opportunity to hear his friend's family's perspective on transracial adoption

When to go back -- adoptive momma (Guatemala and Ethiopia) Veggie Mom at Creating Our Joy... thoughts about returning to Ethiopia, at her eleven-year-old daughter's request, two years after adoption

"Stranded in Kathmandu"
-- adoptive momma (China) Jessica Pegis at O Solo Mama... on inaccurate media portrayals of the international adoption process, when it tugs on emotions, but does not present the facts

2 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I knew I was missing something this morning.

Thank you!

Lea
xo

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Love your linkage : )