About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I've Been Nominated!

Y'all are simply the best. And because you are the best, I know you won't mind if I shamelessly beg ask for votes. You see, I've been nominated! For an SPD Blogger Award! I don't know who in the world thought to do that, but what a nice surprise it was. Thank you, super-secret-nominating-imaginary-friend who reads my blog.


And now some of y'all are like, "wha?!?!! what is SPD?" because I actually don't blog about it all that much. Well, actually, I DO, I just don't label it all that often. But if you've ever wondered why I'm a bit odd, or why the Tongginator is called the Tongginator, just know that she and I both have something called sensory processing disorder. Sensory issues are fairly common among the international adoptee crowd, so it's something I encourage all adoptive parents to learn about.

Plus, it helps promote Greater Understanding of my own general brand of wackiness.

I am nominated in the Humor category, though I can't imagine why (does this mean people are laughing at me???), so vote often (twice a day) and vote daily (until Saturday) so that I can win. Because my fragile self-esteem at the moment just can't quite manage the whole "it was an honor just to be nominated" shebang.

Although it was.

An honor to be nominated.

So thank you, Hartley (herself an adoptive momma), for sponsoring this and, most importantly, for working so hard over the past year to create the SPD Blogger Network. No one knew about SPD when I was growing up; I am so glad that won't be the case for our children.

15 comments:

Myrnie said...

Ack, she made it hard! You have to vote in every category, and I've never heard of anyone but you!

Mia_h_n said...

I'm with Myrnie, so I hope four strangers appreciate my vote!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

congrats!

Lea
xo

my life, my loves! said...

Congrats to you!!! My son was just diagnosed with SPD and I am looking forward to checking out your links. I just finally started talking about SPD on my blog.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Voting!!!! And I love your humor....you always make me smile:)

sara said...

congrats and I voted!!

LucisMomma said...

Voted! Very deserving, too. And we're laughing *with* you, darling. Makes all the difference.

Wendy said...

Done!

Sarah said...

Goodness, I read several SPD blogs, and I *still* only recognized two of them (including yours). Oh well, I'm sure they're all worthy, and I'm extra sure I have more reading material. lol Oh, and you might not talk about sensory issues much, but you are the reason I found out I have SPD. I found a link to your blog from someone else's blog who had just found out their son had SPD. And I continue to laugh and love your stories about the family. Thanks for being kind, and loving, and funny, and oh, being great, too. :)

Patty O. said...

Awesome! I have been voting twice a day for you. I hope you win!

Debbie said...

I voted! For you and some unknown people:)

Anne said...

Congratulations! I'm just delurking to say I put you on my blog list (my blog is allaboutelizabeth-anne.blogspot.com). Hope you don't mind my linking.

Anne

the meaklims said...

You're in the humorous category?! ;) I guess they just couldn't have an awesome AND humorous category together!

And a few other people, of whom I have no clue, just benefited from me voting for you. I pretty much picked my favourite blog title in the other categories! Lol! I'm shameless!

And I'm not trying to 'suck up', but you don't have to be a winner for me to love your blog.

Jill

Heather said...

Congrats, girl! I voted!!!

Lola Granola said...

How fun! I love blogger awards. I voted.

Can I ask, did you know you shared this when you adopted? Surely not--doesn't sound like something China would flag!

You're just the right people for round two, if you ask me. Eyes open, arms wide.