About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, January 21, 2011

Heh-LO Clueless Aunt

I took the Tongginator shopping yesterday to purchase a present for her soon-to-be-five-year-old cousin M&M. The Tongginator insisted, absolutely INSISTED, on finding all manner of Hello Kitty goodness.

TONGGU MOMMA
: Honey, why is it so important to get M&M something that's Hello Kitty? I really don't want to go to store after store after store.

TONGGINATOR: Mom! M&M absolutely ADORES Hello Kitty stuff. I HAVE to get her something Hello Kitty!

TONGGU MOMMA: She does? I didn't know that.

TONGGINATOR: (totally sighing at me) Yes, Mom. She is All About Hello Kitty. How could you not know that?!?!!

I'm not sure whether this conversation proves that I am a terrible aunt or that the Tongginator is an excellent cousin. Possibly both.

13 comments:

Cedar said...

I stayed up late to avoid the Neti Pot nightmares, but now that I read today's post I can go to bed in peace. Dreaming about Hello Kitty should be fairly safe. :)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

HELLO TM! Where have you been?!!!

Lea
xo

Aus said...

You aren't a bad aunt TM - and T IS a good cousin! But - this is about one of the true joys of children - reminders for us to remember the IMPORTANT things in life! ;)

hugs - aus and co.

sara said...

If you're still looking for stuff, the dollar section at Target almost always has tons of Hello Kitty items.

Casdok said...

Definetly both!

Myrnie said...

Haha... "all about Hello Kitty" eh? Was it just my middle school that every girl had a "Sanrio" character that was theirs? Bad Matz Baru....Kerokerokeropi... :) LoLo came home from HK smitten with "little burnt toast." Such crazy things!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

LOL... or possible they change their "favorites" daily!! I'm just sayin.... I know a four year old who pulls the same thing:)

Hope you are feeling better! it has been one heck of a winter for you.

xoxo,

Lisa

Lola Granola said...

I guess it depends on whether M&M really likes Hello Kitty, or whether T does! that happens a lot around here.

lmgnyc said...

Heh, that's funny. I clicked on this post thinking it was going to be a story about an Aunt who said something insensitive about adoption.

What a sweet story. We love Hello Kitty too. :-)

Sharie said...

Knowing how much you "love" Hello Kitty I'm sure you loved spending money on anything Hello Kitty related. Target, Toys R Us, and even Wal-Mart have a good selection - 25 years old and she's still going strong.

The Byrd's Nest said...

ha ha.....they are much more observant than we are sometimes;) Lottie notices everything about everybody...me?? not so much ..lol

Hoping you are feeling better my friend and that God will heal you!

Mia_h_n said...

You crack me up! :D I can just imagine that conversation...

anymommy said...

Both. Definitely both! But isn't it great that with T's help, you will look like a fabulous aunt?