About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

what I want you to know: loss in adoption
-- waiting to adopt (Nicaragua) Jenni Stearns as part of Kristen's "what I want you to know" series at Rage Against the Minivan... describing her emotions after initially being chosen to adopt domestically, then not having the adoption happen when the mother decided to parent

WEEKENDER: An uneasy journey for international adoptees
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Kim Saebom reprints a newspaper article originally published at The Regina Leader Post... on search and reunion among Korean adult adoptees

The Roller Coaster Continues
-- my almost-LID-buddy (China) Special K at A Million Miles to Mia... thoughts and emotions during these last few months of waiting

First Mother Forum Mission Statement: What We Think About Adoption -- first mothers Lorraine and Jane at Birthmother, First Mother Forum... their stance on adoption

Privilege: Who is it That Really Has It? -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... the privilege that comes with being NOT an adoptee

I Hate My Skin, Part 3 -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... a recent conversation with school faculty and administrators about her daughter's comment

Holiday Reflections -- adult adoptee (domestic) Karen at Assembling Self... her greatest wish for Christmas isn't likely something she will ever receive [HAT TIP to Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee]

Do You Feel LUCKY?
-- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... yet another adoption-related comment from someone that you have to read to believe

Why We Heart Mei Mei
-- adoptive momma (China) LMGNYC at La Bicicleta... on the day her daughter met a rocker star... er... Chinese language video star

4 comments:

Lorraine Dusky said...

Hey, thanks for including us. We have come in contact with a great many adoptive parents through First Mother Forum who make us glad.

lorraine from

First Mother Forum

Amanda said...

Thank you for linking me.

So many interesting links you've posted here, I am off to start reading :-)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

thank you, for your research and hard work!

Lea
xo

Lisa said...

Where did the time go?

I came to peek at a few (knowing I would be back for the rest) and never left.

Thank you for compiling these heartfelt, thoughtful,sometimes wrenching and vitally important perspectives.

Thank you to each of the contributors as well.