About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

I knew it was coming (but it still made me sad)
-- adoptive momma (China) Shirlee McCoy at And Then There Were Seven... on her daughter's recent name change for her Chinese foster mother

10 Things Adoption Agencies Won't Say -- from Smart Money... ten helpful nuggets of information, including the ever-so-true "we have no idea how long this whole thing will take" and "just because we place children doesn't mean we're good people" [HAT TIP to Ethica]

"Get Out of My Way; I'm Entitled to Adopt!!" -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... discussing UNICEF's position on international adoption, and a common response to that position

Adoptive Parents & Perpetual Childhood -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... on how society continues to treat adult adoptees as perpetual children, even when it comes to basic human rights

For Her. -- adoptive momma (China) lmgnyc at La Bicicleta... a momma's decision to begin a search for her daughter's first family

Queuing for Starfish
-- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Claudia at My Fascinating Life... thoughts on the well-known Starfish story commonly used in terms of adoption

Me. -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at Bearhugs and Rice Bowls... processing new information she recently learned about her first mother

Pathetically Naive -- Purposefully Stupid: Clueless or Careless
-- an adoptive momma (Ethiopia) at Semi-Feral Mama... on the importance of educating one's self about the process and ethics of adoption BEFORE adopting

Is Chinese History important for us a-parents to learn?
-- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a discussion about whether or not adoptive parents of Chinese children should learn about Chinese history

Broken Ornaments -- birthmother Claudia at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on how adoption breaks family memories and traditions, even after reunion


totally worth it
-- adoptive momma (foster to adopt and Haiti) Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... after her recent post describing the difficulties of adopting through the foster care system, this momma reads a post written by a foster care alum and is completely heart-broken

Starting adoptions from the other side of the table -- founder of River Kids and adoptive momma (Cambodia) Dale Edmonds at Thinky Thoughts... sharing her experience on the other side of the table, which is arranging adoptions for two children via her NGO that works to end child trafficking within Cambodia [HAT TIP to Melissa of Yoon's Blur]

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Your hard work is appreciated.

Lea
xo

Sunday said...

As usual TM, you have linked to some great and very insightful posts this week!

YoonSeon said...

Oops. I can't remember whether I posted my comment or not.

Anywho, thanks for linking! It's funny being back in the adoption sphere again. I've been out of it for ages, now! =P But thanks for continuing to read my sporadic blog posts. :-)