About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Name That Tune

If you're anything like me, you might be a tad behind on the whole Christmas card thingy. Our mailbox has been full to overflowing this week with all kinds of goodness from friends and family. I refused to open any of the envelopes until I at least started The Infamous Song Poem, but last night the Husband thwarted my plans by pulling out the letter opener.

Y'all know what that means, don't you?

(No, I didn't stab the Husband with the letter opener.)

It means I got motivated. Y'all, I instigated the annual Tonggu family Christmas Carol Massacre last night. Unfortunately, it's not as great as last year's, since 2010 at Tonggu House was one big yawn-fest, but at least it's done. Now I just have to print, address, stamp and send. After the torture of writing exceptionally bad poetry set to music, and singing said lyrics over and over with my exceptionally off-key voice, that actually won't seem like a lot of work.

I chose a song that reflected a large part of our year. It was a unique situation, for sure, especially living around here. Any guesses as to what song I chose?

13 comments:

lin said...

Frosty the snow man? Referring to your pile of snowy wotnot.

Mia_h_n said...

Mariah Carey? Or would that kill the romatic sentiment attached to the song? ;)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I am surprised I can't!

I too am the Christmas music queen!

Lea
xo

Laurie said...

What a FUN idea for a Christmas letter! I loved going back to last year's and "singing" it this morning. I do hope you'll share this year's online too! :)

Aus said...

Hummmm - White Christmas is too 'sappy' - How about the 12 Days of Christmas....naw - it's been done......Maybe We Wish you a Merry Christmas which can go on and on and on so you can cover all the events of this year?

Can you see I like the 'shotgun' approach to problems like this? If you throw enough down range one is bound to hit the target!

hugs - can't wait to see this years -

aus and co.

lmgnyc said...

Wait! What? A witty creative song? I missed the memo. I can't do that!!! You are setting the bar too high TM!!!!! I am so glad we don't travel in the same social circles.

cuz we don't, right?????

right?

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can't wait to see what this year's song will be! I loved last years:)

I totally hear you on being behind on Christmas.... it is totally stressing me out this year!

Happy Holidays~

xoxo,

Lisa

Dawn said...

Up on the House Top? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer? (Sorry T-Grammy!) Frosty the Snowman?

Can hardly wait to "hear" it!

Be blessed!

Carla said...

Has to do with snow in some format I'm sure! LOL

and I hope you can share it with us. :)

I barely got the card photo taken, I have NOT done a Christmas letter. Though I did see one card where it was the Top Ten Moments from 2010 for a particular family. I think i could do that! LOL

Cedar said...

I was thinking maybe We Three Kings (ignore the of Orient part) because it is about 3 people who eagerly anticipated a special baby and once it was born they traveled far, far to meet the baby and it took them years to get there. Plus it has a nice dirge like tune if your year was really that boring. Or Oh Come, Oh Come Emannuel also anticipates the coming of a child.

Or to focus on Tonnginator I was thinking a song about Peace on Earth because of the bully issues.

However, focusing on the snow does seem like a more Christmasy plan.

prechrswife said...

"Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!"

And I was going to get my cards mailed today, but somehow forgot to buy address labels...

Patricia/NYC said...

"Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses

(for me, it's NOT CHristmas 'til I hear that song!)

Loved last year's!

Wendy said...

Walking in a Winter Wonderland.