About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Love My Hair More

Yesterday the ladies who work in the Tongginator's school office were visibly shocked - SHOCKED, I TELL YOU - when I wished them well over the holidays.

MISS GRUMPY WHO IS ALWAYS FRIENDLY TO ME: But aren't you coming in tomorrow? For the class party?

TONGGU MOMMA: No, I can't. I know, I know... I'm missing the party. But I can't be there for it.

MISS GRUMPY WHO IS ALWAYS FRIENDLY TO ME: But... but... why NOT?

TONGGU MOMMA: (oh, the guilt) I made a hair appointment months ago for the same time as the party. I know I could cancel, but my stylist has gotten so popular lately, and with the holidays and all, if I don't go in tomorrow, I won't be able to reschedule for WEEKS.

MISS GRUMPY WHO IS ALWAYS FRIENDLY TO ME: Oh, I know how that is. Well, you just enjoy the break with your little jewelry hound. I'm assuming that Santa is bringing her a few necklaces?

TONGGU MOMMA: (laughing now) Count on it.

At least they understood. Which is more than I can say for the Tongginator. And I understand; I really do. I mean, I'm usually there three or four days a week, volunteering in computer lab and the library and even in the dreaded copy room. So why WOULDN'T I come for the party?

Evidently it's because I love my hair more than my Tongginator.

Just so you know.

23 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sometimes a woman's gotta do, what a woman's gotta do. ;)

autumnesf said...

Of course that means you do a very good job when volunteering and they WANT you to come. Once you know a parent or two that they don't want to come (sorry, the majority) you understand their shock. LOL. True isn't it?

Football and Fried Rice said...

You could have at least thrown us a bone(picture) as to how ADORABLE your new hair cut is. I mean, when you choose your hair over your kid - it MUST before a good reason:)

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA................

lmgnyc said...

Uh....my Mom cuts my hair so I totally don't get it.

Stop laughing.

Sherri said...

One day, she'll BEG you NOT to come to her party. Then you should be there at all costs. And you need to remind her of the time you missed her first grade party and how upset she was, and you vowed to never do that again.

:)

Sarah said...

Hair care IS very important.

prechrswife said...

I like Sherri's comment. :-)

sara said...

You've got to get your hair done, otherwise how will you manage the whole kissing Santa underneath the mistletoe bit?

The Source said...

Well...maybe I'm just a sour old hag these days, but I'd say gettin' your hair did beats hanging with a room full of screaming first graders any old day! ;) Just sayin'.

Of course, none of mine have parties before Christmas break now and they wouldn't want their mama there spoiling their vibe if they did.


Hope your hair turned out lovely and enjoy your holidays with Miss T looking fab!

LucisMomma said...

Aw! Hugs, TM.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Hee hee.....I love Sarah from Football and Fried Rice! I ditto her comment:)

Since I wait until the absolute last moment to get my hair done...I have to say I would rate it over a party!

Carla said...

LOL!!! Only someone who has had to wait an extra 6 weeks to get in to get her hair done because of having to reschedule would totally understand that one. :)

One day, Princess Rainbow Butterfly Jewelry Hound will understand too.

Patricia/NYC said...

THis post made me laugh...not so much about the hair part (but I CAN relate!)...the "Miss Grumpy" part...must there ALWAYS be a "Miss Grumpy" in the school office??!! lol!! In every school I taught at, there she sat! ;) And, by the way, also, "but friendly to me" ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

jennifer said...

Don't worry...I love my hair more too!!

Dana@AdoptionJourney said...

Hair's important in my book!

AwesomeCloud and family said...

I love my hair more, too. This morning I was putting goopy stuff in it, and I wouldn't let AwesomeCloud touch the goopy stuff. At all. Even though it was sitting there right in front of him being irresistibly goopy.

Sharie said...

Thank you!! For volunteering at school. Somehow I, the single mom who works 10 hour days ended up as the room parent. Sad, but with 26 kids in the class I was the only volunteer. There is one other mom, but she has to help in her other daughter's room too as no volunteer there either. I recruited my niece to help with the party yesterday...
I don't mind planning and attending, but it makes me sad that parents can't find time to help in their kids schools. So THANK YOU!

Kristin said...

I would pick hair appts over class parties in a heartbeat. I only spent ten minutes at my girls' parties.....and I work at their school!!

Kate said...

A little bit of love was left for you...

http://www.recommendeddailydose.com/?p=7073

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, I would feel bad. Very bad, you understand. BUT. I would still keep my hair appointment.

Here's wishing you and your Tonggu family a most wondrous Christmas!

Tricia said...

Word of Wisdom from my Grandma: They will remember what you do, not what you don't.

Word of Wisdom from many other mom's in my life: Take care of you and don't feel guilty about it.

I bet your hair looks fabulous!

Alyson and Ford said...

I agree, must keep the hair appointment! I NEVER miss one as covering the gray is my number one priority, always more important than family!! Love reading your posts, you still crack me up!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Mia_h_n said...

I knew that ;)

But I second Sherri's comment about NEVER letting it happen again!

And yeah, where's the picures??? ;p