About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China-adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Messy -- adoptive momma (South Africa) Jodie Howerton at Sun Breaks in the Rainy City... an excellent post about those first few months together [HAT TIP to Kristen of Rage Against the Minivan]

See Theo Run and India McAllister: This Hands For You -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) MamaC at Mama C and the Boys... a blog recommendation, and introducing a new chapter book about a nine-year-old girl adopted from China

Chinese Adoptions to the US: Older Than You Think
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Marley at The Daily Bastardette... information on "The Hong Kong Project," which occurred in the late forties and throughout the fifties

Divination -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Stacey at Is There Any Mommy Out There?... on a recent conversation with her daughter about her daughter's first mom

National Adoption Month: 10 Common Misconceptions about Adoption -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Shannon LC Cate at BlogHer... 10 common misconceptions about adoption, including #3 "they hate girls in China" [HAT TIP to Malinda of Adoption Talk]

Adoptees as Parents: Alone on a Raft in the Ocean -- adult adoptee (domestic) Triona at 73adoptee... on the dreaded school "family tree" assignments, from the perspective of an adult adoptee with school-age children

Adoption: when your kids grow -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Christine at Welcome to My Brain... on staying out of the way, when necessary, in adoption parenting

"Adoption processing" and adoption parenting -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... focusing on her style of adoption parenting, after raising two Korean adoptees to adulthood

A reader asks, "does adoption itself cause trauma?"
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... tackling a very tough question to navigate

Reconciliation -- an adoptive momma (Ethiopia) at Harvard to Homemaker... on seeing her daughter as two people

National Adoption Awareness Month: Ally or Antagonist?
-- an adoptive momma (Ethiopia) at Semi-Feral Mama... processing after watching the PBS documentary "Adopted For the Life of Me"

Name Game, Part 2
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Linda at Real Daughter... blunt commentary about the plethora of adoption merchandise available, as well as names adoptive momma gives themselves in the blogosphere [and yeah, this proves I can laugh at myself ... don't click unless you, too, are prepared to hear some very blunt words]

five little words
-- adoptive momma (China) and Executive Director of Love Without Boundaries Amy Eldridge... asking the question "have you ever considered adoption?"

What does an all-white room mean? -- guest contributor Renee at Love Isn't Enough... on being the sole minority in an all-white crowd

Article: how some orphans feel when they are adopted -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... thoughts after reading a recent article published in "Psychology Today"

7 comments:

Margie said...

Thank you, TM - hope all is well in your world!

kitchu said...

name game part 2 was really intense, but her points are valid nonetheless.

Sharon said...

Thanks for this that you do.. Its such a service!

Charlotte said...

This writer who grew up in part in Hong Kong is so happy to see India (from China! she explains in the book) on this Sunday linkage....Also I love your LOGO. Thanks so much, and please pop over to India's Ink!
Charlotte

Wyndee said...

Wow.

I have just been reading "Name Game, Part 2" at Real Daughter. Yeah, I agree that some of the adoption merchandise for sale is pretty pathetic & quite funny, but this author isn't just blunt, she's INCREDIBLY offensive.

I'm speechless. Well actually, I have plenty to say about it, but I won't.

Wow.

a Tonggu Momma said...

You know, I debated for awhile about including that particular link, Wyndee. I didn't know whether I was reacting because I felt defensive or if... At the same time, parts of it made me laugh, especially since I go by "Tonggu Momma" on line.

I'm sorry you were so deeply offended.

I try to avoid posts that give in-your-face attacks. At the same time, I try to link to posts that make me think. It can be tough to walk that line sometimes.

Wyndee said...

Oh, I wasn't offended by YOU at all. And I do respect opinions of all sides of adoption, but as I read through the post and then the subsequent verbal attacks in the comments section, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Sad.