About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 1st Idiot

Oh, how I loved hearing other costume ideas! Thanks so much for sharing. It helped me get over my I Am An Idiot Parent moment yesterday. Because guess what the Tongginator and I did on November 1st, y'all? The day after Halloween? Early in the morning the day after Halloween?

Can you guess?


(Heh-LLO, y'all... I'm waiting.)


(I really want to hear what y'all guessed before you learned what idiotic mistake I made.)


(SERIOUSLY. I do.)


(Because I have a feeling those guesses will keep me in stitches.)


Y'all, I took the Tongginator to the dentist yesterday morning. The day after Halloween. Fairly early in the morning, before school, on the day after Halloween. After a late night of trick-or-treating. Thankfully I happened to see two other momma/ daughter duos we know at our same dentist. And we all shared the exact same thought, which was the oh-so-eloquent question of, "what on God's green earth were we THINKING???"

The dentist. The morning of November 1st.

I must be a total idiot.

But at least the Tongginator has no cavities. I think that's just because the Halloween candy hasn't had enough time to properly seep into her teeth. And at least the Tongginator (finally!) sat still for her x-rays. Only we heard - yet again - to prepare for braces. Except this time I get it because her second adult tooth came in. And it's seriously perpendicular.

Not. Kidding.

The dentist told me that was to be expected, seeing as how the Tongginator's mouth is so very small. Obviously she doesn't live with this child. Because everyone who lives with her knows her mouth is not in ANY way small.

But, thankfully, it IS cavity-free.

21 comments:

Kim K. said...

The irony is hysterical. Great timing!! I'm anxious to see how Josie's adult teeth come in. She has 3 baby teeth fused together in the front. I'm seeing braces in her future too.

Aus said...

Ah yeah - I don't often agree with your "what was I thinking" comments - but today's - yeah....

Oh and back in my days when I studied 'high math' as they used to say....well....it reminds me that 'size of mouth' is NOT equal to 'loudness or consistancy of chatter' - K? ;)

hugs - aus and co.

Keating Mom said...

Haha...yes, what were you thinking???
We get the prepare for braces each time Z goes to the dentist too - mouth too small- looks really cute with all those baby teeth, etc...

Tonggu Grammy said...

This post is proof positive that I am NOT an exemplary parent. For, if I were, my child have had more sense than to schedule a dentist appt. for the morning after Halloween. Who does this????

But, having a 6yr old with no cavities, now THAT is an accomplishment. So, I think I'll take credit with raising a daughter who takes the dental health of her child very seriously.

She just has limited common sense.

bbmomof2boys said...

Idiot....'nuff said

:)

Hugs,
Carla

Rhonda said...

*snort* That's funny.

(You idiot.) ;)

Kristi said...

In your defense, sometimes turning a page on the calendar to schedule something makes us forget what is the day before...
My biggest problem if I had scheduled something yesterday morning would have been the sugar high that my son didn't quite manage to sleep off. Yesterday was one doozy of a day!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, you crack me up! Didn't dentists used to purchase candy from kids after Halloween? Well, anyways, they should. My kids would gladly trade their candy (cavities) for some itunes ;)

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Haha! Lilah also has a very small mouth (snort!) and her lower teeth are pretty cramped.

Love that you brought her to the dentist the day after Halloween! :)

Jill

LucisMomma said...

That is funny! I was thinking you all ate a big breakfast of the good stuff (the chocolate treats from the trick or treat bag).

Happy for no cavities! My DD's teeth are full of them. So happy that Miss T avoided that this time! And a sideways tooth? No biggy. I had one that came in backwards. Had to be twisted around, oh the joy.

Cedar said...

I actually think a deep dentist cleaning is exactly what we all need the day after Halloween! We have been told both my boys will need braces because of their small mouths, big teeth, and sideways teeth. Ugg.

T said...

Too funny that you would schedule a dental visit the day after "national candy consumption day"...

my big mouth kid has 3 extra adult teeth... 3!!! what's WITH that? thus they are all crooked despite already having pulled two as they erupted...

gotta love braces, and the associated bills.

sara said...

Oh that's too funny, and something I would totally have done without thinking twice about it!

prechrswife said...

That so sounds like something I would have done... Glad to hear about the no cavities, though. That's good news. :-)

Janet said...

The dentist always said I had a small mouth and my mom always snorted. Yeah, she knew better.

As for braces, well, join the crowd, honey. We'll have FOUR in braces pretty soon. A curse on my husband's cross bite! it's ridiculous how weird their mouths are!

Briana's Mom said...

Ok, I just chuckled out loud reading that the dentist said T had a small mouth. Bri's dentist has never told me that Bri's mouth is too small and I would be completely shocked if he ever did. :D

Yay to no cavities!

Cavatica said...

I have noticed there does not seem to be a correlation between small mouths and what comes out of small mouths.

My endodontist informed me that I have petite teeth, which made me feel quite lovely, I must say. Now if only this could be said about the rest of me. I will always treasure the petite teeth comment.

Carla said...

Well, here if you went to the dentist on Nov 1st you can take in your candy and for every 1 pound they give you $1. ;)

and I have 4 that are going to go through braces. 2 with "bite issues" that makes the braces even more expensive...and no coverage for the braces. *sigh* One day perhaps. I figure we'll end up paying out of pocket for the oldest, and hopefully Dh can move to job with coverage by the time the next 3 go into them.

I had those perpendicular teeth as well, and I had "fangs" where the adult teeth came in above the baby teeth. Not fun at all.

Annie said...

Too funny, TM!!! That is something I would do!!!! LOL!!! I agree, though, day 2 would probably be worse!!! hehe!

Sharie said...

Actually I think that is a fabulous idea. Get the teeth all cleaned before the sugar bugs eat them all!
I too have a small mouth - but you'd never know it if you met me:)

Our Family said...

It cracked me up to do this because I did the EXACT same thing!! Except I took THREE kids to the dentist on the day after Halloween. Luckily, we had the same positive results. And two kids are getting braces sometime in the next year!!