About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

what you can do -- adoptive momma (foster to adopt and Haiti) Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... adoption is not for everyone - if it's not for you, what can you do to help combat the orphan crisis?

A Few Pet Peeves: Koreans Scolding Me, APs Addicted to Martyrdom, Etc. -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... a list of her adoption-related pet peeves

"Dear Incubator" -- first mother Cedar at Adoption Critique... an analysis of what is really behind those "dear birthmother" letters

can family be harmful? -- adoptive momma (domestic and Korea) Mom2One at 2 Worlds, 1 Family... the impact of raising an transracial adoptee within an extended family that doesn't always "get it"

Ugly Truths -- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... adoptive parents aren't the only ones to receive those awful money comments

Moments of Truth
-- foster mom living in China Carrie at Signs of Hope... on allowing herself to feel the full weight of two brief lines in a child's paperwork

You Said What?!?! -- first mother Cassi at Adoption Truth... refuting the often stated "birthparents do the most loving thing by giving their child to another family"

chocolate milk, Angela Merkel and the Stellaluna effect -- adoptive momma (China) mama d at the life that was waiting... batting around the ideas of adoption, assimilation and appropriation and how they interact

Letting it out -- adoptive momma (China) Leigh at La Bicicleta... raw and real, and oh-so-true for many of us when it comes to early mistakes in our adoptive parenting journeys

The Details of an Adoptee's Life are Sacrosanct
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Triona at 73Adoptee... commentary after learning about adoptive parents who changed the date of their child's official birthday

5 comments:

*Peach* said...

Excellent links ~ thanks so much for sharing!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

always love and appreciate your links!!!!!!!!! : ) thank you!!!

Sunday Kofffon Taylor said...

Great links. It never hurts to hear the opinions of others.

triona said...

Thanks for linking to my blog. I always learn new things reading your Sunday Linkage.

Haley Ballast said...

I don't comment on these posts enough, but let me just say... THEY ARE AWESOME. Thank you thank you thank you. You rock.