About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Teacher Conference This Year is Gonna Be Fun

It all started with a simple assignment. "Draw a picture of a dream you have had." So the Tongginator did. And what she drew ended up looking a bit like a bed with a sleeping girl, complete with pigtails and a possible Doggy sighting.

Her teacher, the Pirate Queen, tried to help the Tongginator understand a bit more about what the assignment called for. Because drawing a picture of oneself sleeping in bed doesn't exactly translate to "draw a picture of a dream you have had." So the Pirate Queen wrote next to the Tongginator's picture, "what are you dreaming about?"

The Tongginator saw the note when she arrived home that afternoon. And y'all... what can I say except that she felt mortally offended. And she wished to enlighten her teacher.


"This is a bridge, not a bed! I was on a bridge and I went on it and I kept slipping." And she sent it back to school in her homework folder. Because she needed her teacher to KNOW. And her teacher, ever the polite Queen, replied oh-so-graciously with "Gotcha! Thanks."

I just hope the Pirate Queen realizes this is not me. Because it's NOT ME, y'all. This is 100% Tongginator. And that's really all I can say about that.

22 comments:

Kim K. said...

Love it!

Annie said...

Well of course it is a bridge!!! LOL!

Keating Mom said...

Love that girl!! And I love the (!) after the word bed. :)

Aus said...

It clearly looks like a bridge to me - arched and everything - OK - I didn't get the slipping part tho....but I mean the T isn't even covered by a blanket or anything! ;)

hugs - aus and co.

prechrswife said...

Priceless!

Kristi said...

Brace yourself, first grade is gonna be a fun ride!

Chrissy said...

Teachers adore kids like that!
That's super cute!!

Buckeroomama said...

I didn't expect anything less from her! :)

autumnesf said...

Luckily there are many teachers that actually LIKE being corrected.

Luckily.

lmgnyc said...

Um, that seems like a difficult assignment to me. My DD won't ever--ever--talk about her dreams. Not to me, not to DH, not to anyone, let alone her new class of first graders.

What was the context of the assignment if you don't mind me asking?

Love the picture by the way and she is quite the artist. ;-)

Patricia/NYC said...

Are you SURE our girls are not related???!!!!

Gotta love our spunky girls! :)

Kelley said...

That's AWESOME! And hey, if the Pirate Queen doesn't know yet that it's Tonginnator and not you, she will...she will.

And I can say, YES, we teachers do adore kids like that. I love to see the writing talent, the imagination, the artwork...now just please bottle some up and send it this way!

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

At her age, I would have corrected the teacher, too. I had a real need to please and to be right. . .but after surviving this family, I've lost that need to always be right.

sara said...

Oh good lord I love that little girl!!

Snowflowers Mum said...

I second Patricia/NYC - we are pretty sure our girls are made up of the same DNA too!

M3 said...

LOVE it!!
(And so clearly not a bed, There's no pillow, for heaven's sake... Heh.)

Briana's Mom said...

Um, it is so obviously a bridge. I have no idea why her teacher couldn't see that. Heeellloooo. ;)

happygeek said...

Good thing she cleared this matter up. Hopefully it's all water under the bridge and she can now move forward.

Sharie said...

Oh she is a smart cookie isn't she!

Janet said...

Well, DUH! Of course! I have to confess, I actually laughed out loud at that. That is WAY cute. One time there was a picture of a little girl in Cecil's phonics book and he crossed her out and wrote, "Grlz YUK!" Tee hee.

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I sure hope the Pirate Queen understood!!

Dita said...

Priceless......PRICELESS!