About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tag, I'm It!

Autumn tagged me for a meme last week and, since I effectively scared y'all off last year, I thought I'd fully confuse you by eagerly participating in a game of blogging tag. I don't know about y'all, but September is such a crazy month around here, I feel disconnected with my real life friends, not just my imaginary friends (umm... that would be y'all... I mean, in case you didn't know). Plus, I love Autumn, so...

1. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Oh my lands, y'all, I am so! very! high! maintenance! I am not sure I can pick just one. I'd like to say that I'm easy-going and nothing much bothers me, but let's get real. First I have all of my sensory issues, which - let me tell you - are NOT fun for my loved ones to navigate. And then I have the whole asthma and allergy thing, which is also annoying for those around me.

Then of course there's The Personality. And what can I say about The Personality except that I TRY - I really, really TRY - but somehow I just don't seem to deal well with... well, with STUFF. I spent several dozen minutes trying to narrow down the STUFF to just! one! thing!, but it's kinda difficult to do that when one of my pet peeves happens to be making decisions.

(It's so HARD, y'all.)

I ended up asking the Husband. And what the Husband said resonated with me... in a huge way. The Husband said that I cannot stand hypocrisy, in all of its glory and form. Which probably means that I myself am my own pet peeve, since who can avoid hypocrisy 100% of the time? But there it is anyways: my biggest pet peeve, hypocrisy.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I've pretty much learned that home is wherever you live. There is beauty everywhere in the world, if we just take the time to look for it. And every culture shares wisdom, peace and goodness, while also forcing us to look at how we can do things better. So I would live anywhere in the world as long as I had my Husband and the Tongginator by my side. I learned this attitude from my momma, Tonggu Grammy, as she smiled through I don't even know how many moves all around the world.

3. Have you ever been searched by the cops?

Um... no. Not that I can remember. But I DID wear handcuffs one time. (*gasp* Not like THAT, y'all!) Tonggu Grammy, I'm sorry that I never told you this, but do you remember Amara's 14th birthday on her parent's farm? Well, Hot Lunch came to play. And the party got broken up by the cops. Since I was spending the night there - because I am oh-so-clever and realized you'd never let me attend a party like that at the naive age of 14 - I stood around watching the cops as they ushered everyone out of the neighborhood. And Wade (remember Joey's best friend, Mom?) convinced one of the cops that it would be funny to take a picture of me in handcuffs.

(Was that a totally boring story for y'all? Sorry about that. Take comfort in the fact that it probably gave Tonggu Grammy a mild heart attack.)

4. What is the one thing on your mind right now?

I have to pee.

WHAT?!?!?!!

You ASKED.

5. Favorite song right now.

Pieces by RED. Y'all might not have heard of this group before, but I discovered this song through my Husband, who discovered it through my twenty-something cousin. RED is a Christian group that's music is heavier-than-hard-rock-if-you-can-even-believe-that. Seriously, y'all, it hurts my middle-aged brain and ears to listen to most of their songs. Pieces is one of only about five RED songs that I truly enjoy. But oh my lands, do I enjoy it.

6. What talent do you wish you had?

Oh, how I wish I could sing. Well, I CAN sing, but I wish I could sing without sounding like a dying cow. Because I do. Sound like a dying cow, I mean.

7. Favorite drink.

Diet Coke with added carcinogens Lime. It is my guilty pleasure since I can't drink any alcohol. And because I consider Sweet Tea equal to water. Which I'm sure absolutely shocks you Northerners, but all y'all Southerners are nodding your heads in understanding.

8. In one word, how would you describe yourself.

Complicated.

Now the FUN part! Please don't hate me. Please don't hate me. Please don't hate me. I get to tag eight people now. EIGHT, y'all. Hold your breath and pray you dodge the bullet. Basically I am picking people who may possibly owe me one. You know, so they feel obligated to do this.

Jamey of Zehlahlum Family ... because I totally do her dishes

Christine of welcome to my brain ... because we bonded over a lost purse

Kristen of Rage Against the Minivan ... so maybe she doesn't owe me, but I can help her navigate DC next month (if she wants me to), so she might want to possibly perhaps consider being nice to me

Stefanie of Ni Hao Y'all ... somehow she talked me into writing for No Hands But Ours, even though we didn't adopt through the special needs program (ooh... she is GOOD, y'all)

Snapshot of Somebody Needs a Nap ... okay, so she really doesn't owe me; actually I owe her - if you want to get TECHNICAL - for her Disney Trip Advice, but whatever

The Happy Geek ... because where did she GO??? (echo.echo.echo)

the Aus duo from The Aus Side of Life! ... they totally don't owe me, but they are some of my most loyal commenters, so I'm thinking they are awesome enough to do this without a guilt trip

Lisa of The Long Road to China ... okay, so, I know she is Totally and Completely busy right now, but I DID send her our packing list; plus she reposted that decadent apple bundt cake this week, which was just plain cruel to my hips

Please don't hate me. Please don't hate me. Please don't hate me.

14 comments:

Jamey... said...

Whoops! Insert guilty face about the "do my dishes" post! In my defense I a) wrote that post late at night and b) thought it would be a little longer til you read it! :)

Aus said...

Hate you - never - but I am a cop....

Actually I'm flattered on behalf of Marie and myself....and now all I need to do is convince her to do this one! ;)

And - we get to (pay some folks back) I mean tag too.....muhhhaaahhaha

Stefanie said...

I'm good? I think not.
YOU'RE good.
If it's a meme you want, lady.. it's a meme you got. I'm in. I DO owe you. Plus, I love you, so I'm doubly in.
:)

Tonggu Grammy said...

The Colonel has just grounded you for life and I can't talk about it because the ambulance just pulled up to take me to the ER. Heart attacks can't be managed at home.

But, when I am better the Colonel would like to see the picture if you still have it. Or does Wade or Joey have it? I can find them, you know.

autumnesf said...

Thanks for playing along! I don't do these very often and usually hit the same people...but half of them either just had a baby or are very ill at the moment.

Oh, and Red? Does hubs know they have a facebook page??? Love them.

Carla/Snapshot said...

I'll play along...because it's been so very long since I was tagged for anything. ;) Plus, I'm fresh out of blog fodder unless I regurgitate the difficulties we are having which results in frantic phone calls from my mom...which is getting old. ;)

Chrissy said...

Ok... it was funny, but then when I scrolled down and read the comment from Tonggu Grammy - - it just got hilarious!
I have often wished someone would ground me now, as opposed to my entire 8th grade year. It would be like a mini vacation! Do nothing but read and stay in my room?? Yes, please!

Annie said...

Oh TM! You always, well almost always lighten my day:)

sara said...

The tea comment made me laugh out loud. It's a running argument in my house. My husband is a southerner and swears drinking tea is like drinking water. I'm a northerner and swear drinking tea is like drinking liquid sugar!

Christine said...

I gave up meme's for lent (or possibly for lint). But I will TOTALLY do it right here and jack up your comments!

1. Biggest Pet Peeve? Hmmmm. During my PMS week it's everything. EVERYTHING. The other three weeks? I'm good to go.

2. If I could live anywhere? Probably very similar to where I am now, but with more land. A total commune. Oh, that sounds heavenly to me.

3. Have you ever been searched by the cops? No, but I did have one guy shining his light in my eyes and almost have me walk a line. I had been singing while driving, and apparently appeared to be drunk with my swerving to the beat.

4. What is the one thing on your mind right now? I'm hungry.

5. Favorite song right now? "What Light" Wilco

6. What talent do you wish you had? Wish I could pick up foreign languages easily.

7. Favorite drink? Coffee, with a little coffee, and chased down with some coffee.

8. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Free.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Of course sweet tea is equal to water!!!!! Our frig is never without it:)

Loved all of your answers, you are such a hoot! Especially, the handcuff story...lol

And I am dying to make that apple bundt cake too....just gotta find a bundt pan...why don't Latin people use bundt pans? :)

Kayce said...

Loved reading this! You always make me smile!

Sarah said...

You could always say you're high maintenance, but not by choice. That's what I've started to tell people. And it works (once you explain it).

Kristen {RAGE against the MINIVAN} said...

I'm cheating and doing it here:

pet peeve: people who wear sideways baseball caps

if I could live anywhere: by the beach in California (I do!)

searched by cops: yes, I have. I'll tell you in DC

talent I wish I had: piano

drink: mojito

one word: type-A

one thing on my mind: how do I get the kids to leave me alone while I play on the internet?

favorite song right now: opening song from Spring Awakening