About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.


There are several reviews of the POV documentary "Off and Running" floating around the blogosphere this week. Check out these recent posts at Creating a Family, Joy's Division, My Mind on Paper, Adoption Fusion and Sarah's Blog.

Autumn Moon Festival is Coming!
-- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... Malinda compiled a great list of resources for this Wednesday's Mid-Autumn Moon Festival

Lame Sponsors of the World Unite -- sister to an adoptee (South Africa) and Compassion International sponsorLisa-Jo Baker at the gypsy mama... while on a blogging trip to Guatemala with Compassion International, a sponsor experiences a convicting moment

My Tainted Halo -- first mother Cassi at Adoption Truth... describing her slow journey from believing that she was not good enough to be a mother to accepting that as a HUGE unntruth

A Way With Da' Ladies -- adoptive daddy (China) Adrian at the group China-adoption special needs blog No Hands But Ours... with humor and wisdom, a dad shares his journey of attachment with his daughter

Saving a Child (Follow-Up to Creating the Adoption Narrative) -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... a follow-up to last Sunday's link; on adoption and saving a child

what I wouldn't give for just a name -- adoptive momma (China) Shannon at Throwing Our Arms Wide Open... on a conversation with her daughter about her daughter's first mom

Race in the workplace -- adult adoptee (Korea) Soo at *Chopsticks Not Included... on "false advertising" as a Korean adoptee

Hope -- wanting to adopt (Guatemala) B at The Queen B... waiting to find out whether a child they met on a mission trip will be declared adoptable

The Weak People Pleaser -- first mom Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... on understanding "the rules" during her pregnancy

Anatomy of an Adoption Crisis -- author and Associate Director and Senior Researcher at the Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism E.J. Graff at Foreign Policy.com... detailing the corruption within Vietnam's international adoption program in 2007-2008, and highlighting how it can occur in other "hot spots" of international adoption

This meandering heart -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive momma (China) Raina at faiths & illusions... thoughts and emotions while trying to discover the true story of her early life in Korea

I Will Not Apologize for Adopting -- adoptive momma (Thailand) April at Amazing Grace... a list of what she will and will not do as an adoptive parent

Still Dancing -- adoptive momma (Russia and Guatemala) Marcie at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on raising an adopted child with special needs and attachment issues

My Views on Adoption: A Reminder -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean Adoptee... her views on adoption and her life outside of the blogosphere

Is Adoption Right for Us? -- adoptive momma (Guatemala) Kim at American Mamacita... the question should not be "is adoption right for us?" but instead "are WE right for adoption?"

Precious, Painful Treasure: The First 5 Days of My Life with Omma -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... on reading a letter written by her Korean mother about her birth and their five days together

7 comments:

The Raudenbush Family said...

Hoping you would link to your own repost on We Are Grafted In as well. I'm so glad you gave us permission to post it there--I want to post more there about the faithful waiting.
Kelly

Soo said...

Hi Tonggu Momma! Thanks so much for giving my blog a shout-out and for sharing adventures with your Tongginator. I already have a huge grin on my face from reading just a few entries. :)

Shannon said...

Wow! I am so honored to be on here! I love your Sunday linkage...it is such an encouragement and I learn so much that I think makes me a better parent. Thanks for taking the time to do it!
Shannon

thegypsymama said...

Featured on the Sunday Linkage - whoot whoot! I made the big time!!

Annie said...

Ok, TM!! LOVE the post called "I will not apologize for adopting!" LOVE it!!!

pickel said...

ah, you liked my post? thanks, sweetie.

Queen B said...

Thank you for including us. I am so encouraged (& sometimes overwhelmed) when reading your featured adoption posts. So many different experiences and perspectives. It is certainly an amazing community!!