About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.


Culture, Religion & Adoption -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... what obligation, if any, does a new adoptive family have to continue the child in his or her faith tradition?

I Told You So -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... negative self-thoughts when it comes to parenting and adoption and everything in between

wo ai ni "off and running" -- adoptive momma (China) mama d at the life that is waiting... on the differences between both recently aired POV documentaries

But You Don't Know What It's Like -- adult adoptee (domestic) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... on the pain of infertility and adoption

One of the Teams on The Amazing Race has an Adoption Connection -- adoption professional, adoptive momma (foster, domestic) Carrie Craft at About.com: Adoption and Foster Care... on the reality series The Amazing Race and one team that consists of an adoptee reunited with her first mother

Digging deeper in my file, and lessons learned for AP's -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive momma (China) Raina at faiths & illusions... learning new information about her life before adoption, and its impact on decisions she makes as an adoptive parent

Scaffolding in adoption talk -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn at this woman's work... on talking adoption with our children

China tries out changes to one-child rule -- by reporter Calum MacLeod for USA Today, and a reprinted excerpt, with link, at Ethica... an easing of the restrictions across many parts of China

some adoptees' perspectives -- adoptive momma (China) Zhe Shi Wo Ying Er: The Unstoppable AWESOMECLOUD... on two recent encounters with older adoptees, talking about race and culture

Comforting an 18-year-old -- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... her niece's recent job transfer, and the family's reaction, brings back emotions felt during her first pregnancy

Two Months of Thoughts, Part One -- adoptive momma (China) Wife of the Prez. at Room For At Least One More... thoughts about adopting two non-related children at the same time, and out of birth order, after just over two months home

Race Matters -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean Adoptee... on why race matters, specifically discussing transracial, adoptive parenting

Creating the adoption narrative
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... the difference between adoptive parents speaking for themselves and adoptive parents speaking for the adoptee

anecdotally speaking
-- adult adoptee (Korea) girl 4708 at Hello Korea!... on adult adoptees, with differing experiences and viewpoints, agree on one important point

if you ask the questions... be ready for the answers
-- adoptive momma (China) Diane at An-Ya... on creating an emotion-driven dialogue about adoption with her girls, and herself

2 comments:

Sistergirl said...

Just hoppin by, I enjoyed come of the links. I hope to adopt on day a child from Africa. So its good to learn about other peoples experience.

joy said...

I can't BELIEVE you didn't link my post about pooping in shoes.

I mean that is SO IMPORTANT.

Okay, I know I am crazy. :)

But lots of other good stuff here.

I really like your blog.