About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

There are tons of reviews out there about the recently released PBS POV documentary "Wo Ai Ni (I Love You), Mommy." We haven't seen it yet (our DVR is set for tomorrow). If you're interested, check out the reviews found at Third Mom, La Bicicleta, the Rumor Queen, Creating a Family, Resist Racism, Adoption Talk, Neither Here Nor There, An-Ya, My Mind on Paper and Slant Eye for the Round Eye.

The House That Strawman Built -- first mother Coco at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on the underlying assumption that a woman who considers adoption - even briefly - before deciding to parent her child is somehow a less capable mother

Preparing My Kids to be Able to Run Through Walls -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive momma (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... on purposeful parenting when it comes to teaching our children about living in a race-conscious world

side-stepping the drama -- adoptive momma (foster to adopt and Haiti) Kristen at rage against the minivan... on attachment behaviors and how dealing with them as parents reveals our core characters

The Yellow Elephant
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... on an encounter at a family reunion during her senior year of high school

Two parables -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive parent (China) Raina at faiths & illusions... two Biblical parables about adoption

Triggers: School -- adoptive momma (China and Guatemala) Judy Miller at Parenting Your Adopted Child: Tweens, Teens & Beyond... how to help an adopted child who experiences additional stress and grief during the start of the school year

My Learning Curve: Meat + More Meat = Security
-- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Lisa at A Bushel and A Peck... one example of why it's so important to learn as much as possible about your child's birth culture

not ok -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Heather at A Day at the Beauchamps... her response to the comment "there are kids being adopted from other countries, while there are kids here in the US who need homes" [HAT TIP to T at my love shines]

America's Adopted Koreans, Part 2: When Adoption Became Visible -- adult adoptee (Korea) Sarah Idzik at The AWL ... on how America’s participation in the industry of adoption outpaced our ability to deal with the identity-related consequences [HAT TIP to Malinda of Adoption Talk]

Is Adoption Social Networking the Newest Adoption Scam? -- birthmother Faux Claud at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... a review of the new website DirectAdoptions.com, but not the review the owners expected

Coming out as an immigrant
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Soo at *Chopsticks Not Included... on realizing, as an adult, that she, too, is an immigrant to the United States

The Girl Who Played in the Arms of Strangers -- adoptive momma (China) Mama D at the life that is waiting... snapshots in time that must be read

Speculation: What Has Adoption Given Me? What Has Adoption Made Me? -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean Adoptee... this time speculating on what adoption gave to her, rather than what it took away

4 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

as always, thank you.

Lea
xo

Kiy said...

I haven't had time to read all of them, yet, but "not ok" really REALLY spoke to me. We get that comment, a lot. And it burns me. Thank you for posting this.

Patricia/NYC said...

Wow...just wow!!!

Claudia said...

particularly great links this week... thanks!