About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

If someone says they know a "happy adoptee," it's likely because they do -- adult adoptee (domestic) Campbell at And other ideas and thoughts... on adoptees who feel happy about, content with their adoptions [HAT TIP to Raina at Faiths and Illusions]

"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Doesn't Work for Adoptive Parenting Either -- adoption researcher and adoptive momma (Korea) Dawn at Creating a Family... on talking adoption with your children as they mature and grow

Transracial Adoption: For or Against? -- adult adoptee (transracial, domestic) Nikki at the group blog Irene's Daughters... her thoughts about transracial adoption, as a Korean-American domestically adopted by Caucasian parents [HAT TIP to Malinda at Adoption Talk]

It's Been 10 Months... -- adoptive momma (China) K at More Than This... on their first ten months together as a family

Collateral Losses -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive momma (China) Raina at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on navigating adoption loss as an adult adoptive and a mom to her three children (two biological, one adoptive)

The Ugly Duckling -- adoptive momma (China and Guatemala) Judy at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on the famous children's story and navigating two cultures as an adoptee

I Deny My Mother Had a Choice
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... on the "choice" her (biological) mother had when "deciding" to place her child for adoption

Open Letter to Adoptive Parents and PAPs -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Sally Bacchetta at The Adoptive Parent... on language choices when discussing adoption and adoption parenting [HAT TIP to Christina of Out of the Fog]

KBS pre-interview -- adult adoptee (Korea) Kim Saebom... on interviewing with a local Korean television program, hoping to reconnect with her first family

A Bone to Pick
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Peach at Neither Here Nor There... an eloquent argument for the need to open adoption records

A New Low for the Adoption Industry -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... for anyone who doesn't believe coercion still exists, check out this post; I usually don't link when a specific adoption agency is named, but really - this turns my stomach

embracing culture vs. appropriating culture by adoptive momma (Korea) Amy at 2 Worlds, 1 Family and also Pretending to Be Something You're Not: Is That What Adoptees are Doing? by adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean Adoptee... an ongoing conversation about embracing your child's culture versus crossing the line to appropriate it

4 comments:

kitchu said...

thanks for linking me TM! (can you change my name to K though?) thanks! i know i know, so hard to get used to my changes. sorry!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Good links, as always. But you didn't tell your readers about your shout out on Insider Secrets radio show?! :)

Patricia/NYC said...

Fabulous links this week, Tm!
Thanks!!

Raina said...

Haha I lost a kid!!! No wonder it's so quiet in here! (big relaxed grin)

And k if you'd stop changing your name maybe we could remember it ;)