About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, August 30, 2010

Dancing to a Different Beat

Our crazy block hosted its annual Labor Day Party That's Not Actually During Labor Day Weekend Because Who's In Town Anyway Then? this past Saturday night. And oh, my lands, y'all, I managed to take some video on my Flip that is Blog-Worthy. How did I mange that, you might ask? Well, it was pitch black out, so you can't see faces clearly. Because we totally let our six AM riser stay up until almost ten o'clock that night. (And yes, we are still paying for that. Thank you very much for asking.) I'm glad we made that choice, despite the lack-of-sleep-grumpiness, because these little clips show y'all why we continue to call our daughter the Tongginator, even though she's (mostly) outgrown her Terminator from Tonggu County status.

She may not be as challenging as she once was, but she's definitely gonna rule the world some day. And these two videos prove it.

She doesn't care what others think. She's gonna do her own thing no matter what. If others join in, that's absolutely wonderful, but she's not changing her plans even if everyone around her has a different agenda. Because she knows what she loves. And she knows who she is. She is all about being herself. All the time. In all ways. Yes, y'all, my gal definitely dances to a different beat.

And I finally have proof for you.





Yes, y'all... she WILL survive. Because she? Is the TONGGINATOR.

28 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Oh my goodness!! You had me smiling big there. You just gotta love this girl! Such confidence, such moves. :)

Kim K. said...

Too cute. What a smart idea to throw a party the weekend before Labor day.

bbmomof2boys said...

Yep, she dances to a different beat but that makes her who she is! Love the videos.

Hugs,
Carla

Aus said...

Maybe some day when she is earth czar (czarina?) she'll have a place for all of us in her palace? ;) Frankly she's really to special for words!

hugs - aus and co.

Annie said...

Oh my TM!!! All I can say is good luck with those teenage years!!! Hehe!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

strobe lights at your neighborhood party? Wow, you guys are fancy!

I think the Tongginator looked an awful lot like ME attempting to do my P90X :)

Dawn said...

Oh, yes... she will!

I can hardly wait to hear 1st grade stories AND big sister stories! Oh, my the material that's going to provide for you. LOL

Be blessed!

autumnesf said...

And THATS what being a kid should be all about!!

And MM? After seeing those two videos (attracted by the music), she want to "go there" and dance with the Tongginator. And be her friend.

My words. What a combo that would be.

jen@odbt said...

What a fun street! Tongginator can boogie!

prechrswife said...

Love it!

Andrea said...

I love the finger pointing on the 2nd video! She will be leading all the kids on the dance floor when they have school dances!

Aunt LoLo said...

I? Am in love. So, so confident. I love it!!

Briana's Mom said...

She is so awesome - I seriously love her and I haven't met her in person.

Yep - she will rule the world one day. ;)

Colin and Jill Canada said...

And you posted about being worried about her in school the other day?

No need - No need....to worry.
That girl is very much in control.

Jill

PS - She has some serious moves there!

veradaleaunt said...

So fun to see her little move, or should I say BIG moves!!? What a dancer, what a girl. Her cousins are impressed and Benny thinks he can copy her moves. Thanks for sharing.

Robin said...

I love it!!!

Debby said...

From what I could see, she has some groovy moves.

LucisMomma said...

Love her free spirit. May she always have that!

Susan, aka harding swing

Holly said...

:) She's gonna be a wonderful jie jie :)

Christina said...

That girl's got some moves!!! What a great party!

Misty said...

i STILL can't dance like that. that girl's got no lack of confidence! :) she is precious, tho, grumpy or not! (says she, a million miles away from having to deal w/ said grumpies)

Wanda said...

Oh yeah....she's got "IT" !!!!!!!

Georgia Peach said...

LOVE THAT GIRL!!
She is so awesome!

Gail said...

Oh my gosh. She is TOO funny!!!! Have a big smile on my face. :)

And if mr. Will was there at the party, he's be right next to her doing his own thing...he's a crazy dancer.

CC said...

too cute! And I've said it before but I'll say it again... I want to move to your neighborhood!

Sharie said...

OH we have GOT to get our girls together! This reminded me of my Amelia dancing at my niece's wedding, before the dance started:) She had actually ripped her flower girl dress BEFORE the dance started...and she couldn't figure out why no one would dance with her:)

Your girl has got some MOVES!

Special K said...

The Tongginator Rocks! I really hope I get to meet her some day. I'm such a big fan. ;)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The girl definitely has all the moves!! Rock on Tongginator:)

OH MAN...does your neighborhood know how to throw a party. Lights, DJ and all....what FUN!