About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

The Truth of Annette Baran -- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy at Musings of the Lame... on Annette Baran, co-author of "The Adoption Triangle," who passed away on July 11th

A Talk: Emerging From My Mask -- adult adoptee (domestic, reunited) Amanda at The Declassified Adoptee... definitely a must-read about her conversation with her (adoptive) mother

Amy Eldridge of LWB Speaks -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... sharing Amy Eldridge's words about the current child population within Chinese orphanages

The sole trauma is the loss that occurs BEFORE adoption, but the practice of adoption itself causes no pain? -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... her response to the commonly held belief (by adoptive parents) that the trauma occurs before adoption, rather than also because of the adoption

"Just" an adoption, and all the racial issues that go with it -- adoptive momma (China) Awesome Cloud's Family at Zhe shi wo ying er... on how and why adoption is not a neat replacement for giving birth

a surprise gift -- adoptive momma (China) Kristi at the group special needs China adoption blog No Hands But Ours... on the surprise gift of a son when adopting from China

Meeting the Foster Parents -- adoptive momma (China) Jean at There's No Place Like Home... meeting the foster family of the twin girls they recently adopted

Seeing Double -- adult adoptee (domestic) Melanie at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on intrusive questions from others about adoption

Did You Know "Despicable Me" Has Adoption Themes? -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... a compilation of reviews written by adoptive parents about the recently released children's movie

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adoption Talk... links to family blogs of families who recently received adoption referrals through China's non-special-needs and special needs programs

Birthmother in Jail: Genetic Sexual Attraction to Blame -- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy at Musings of the Lame... very informative post about genetic sexual attraction, which I had never heard of before

4 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Thanx as usual for all your links.

I keep going back to RQ cause I can't believe how many days they did!! I keep thinking it must be a mistake! Do you think all those days may have been light?

Lea
xo

AwesomeCloud and family said...

Thanks for the linkage! I'm glad someone enjoys it when I turn into Ranty McRantalot. :)

Amy said...

Especially good links this week. Seriously.

Angie said...

I so enjoy your blog and love that you post these links. They give me exposure to blogs I might never have come across otherwise. Great list this week.