About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Do you regret that you were adopted? -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... answering a friend, who posed this question sincerely after reading her recent post on adoptee loss

Who's The Boss? -- adoptive momma (foster to adopt and Haiti) Kristen at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on attachment and control when newly home with an adopted child

Review: Wo Ai Ni, Mommy -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... reviewing the recently released China adoption documentary "Wo Ai Ni, Mommy"

Different can be good -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Tisha at Deutschland... on the bonding and attachment process with adopted children after raising several biological children

Another Story, Same Strategy -- first mother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... on stall strategies when it comes to first father rights

birds do it, bees do it -- adoptive momma (China) mama d at the life that is waiting... why it's important to have The Talk with your children, especially if those children are adoptees

The Theology of Adoption -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... her thoughts after reading a recent article published in "Christianity Today"

it makes him sad -- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him... on recent conversations with her son about how he wanted to have "grown in her tummy"

Boys, Girls, Marriage... Adoption??? -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean Adoptee... on interracial marriage (or not) and transracial adoption

adoption documentaries -- adoptive momma (foster care and Haiti) Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... listing, with links, three documentaries set to air this summer/ early fall

Orphan... Adoptee... Loss -- adoptive momma (China) Diane at An-Ya... thoughts after reading the recent article "Orphan: The Plural Form" by Sun Yung Shin

A Vision Test -- guest blogger and adoptive momma (domestic and Haiti) Amie Sexton at The Livesay Haiti Blog... her answer to the often asked question "is love color-blind?"

Contradictions
-- orphanage volunteer (in China) Katie as a guest poster at the China adoption special needs group blog No Hands But Ours... a glimpse at life within a Chinese orphanage

Anything Negative is Merely a Life Lesson
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... her response to others who assume that her life would have been "bad" if she hadn't been adopted

4 comments:

Haley Ballast said...

Thank you! The "Theology of Adoption" post was exactly what I was looking for.

k said...

Yoon's post was incredible. really incredible. thanks for the link. Diane always gets to me :P) in a good way.

Dana@AdoptionJourney said...

We're getting very close to Travel Approval to adopt our seven year old son from China. I'm reading all I can, and I really like to listen to all sides of an issue. Thank you for serving us all with this post!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow, no shortage of interesting and thought-provoking materials in these last couple Sundays . . . my brain is frying up and sizzling as I type. I really am so incredibly grateful for these links. Some of them make me sad, some of them make me happy. Sometimes they even make me mad. But they always, always make me think. And PRAY! Thank you for the hard work that I know goes into this stuff!