About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, July 19, 2010

Seven Links

I first saw this on Heather's blog Production, Not Reproduction. After such a busy weekend, I totally decided to steal it from her. (Because hanging out in my pajamas until the afternoon, parked in front of The Food Network qualifies as busy, right?) And, after all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. (Right, Heather? Heather?)

1) Your first post: What's a Tongginator?
Because I figured if I was gonna invent a new word, I'd probably better define it for you, at least a little bit. Actually, I didn't open up all that much with my first post. Because in that post, the Tongginator seems like your typical newly adopted toddler with some attachment and sensory issues. But I promise you - if you doubt the veracity of her Tongginator status - you have only to let a few of my long-term readers know. They will provide you with story after story, proving that the Tongginator truly IS a terminator from Tonggu County.

2) A post you enjoyed writing the most: Hadron Super Collider.
Oh, there are so many to choose from... I mean, my life is just one big klutz-fest (both physically and of the open-mouth-insert-foot variety). I also have a daughter who used to always LOVE to attract attention (and sometimes still does). But I think I'll stick with this post, because nothing beats saying the phrase "hadron super collider, the world's largest particle accelerator" over and over. And over again. Nothing.

3) A post which had a great discussion: God and Adoption.
Not everyone agreed with this post. It touched on some pretty controversial Christian topics, most especially the debate between predestination versus free will. But the comments, they were many. And the comments, they were wise. And the comments, they were - for the most part - kind and humble. Y'all rock. That's all I'm saying.

4) A post on someone else's blog you wish you'd written: Redemptive Response to Tragedy by Carrie.
Almost every post that I link to on Sundays makes me think deeply. Or feel deeply. But as an adoptive parent, I can't lay claim to the thoughts and feelings of adoptees and first parents, although I can learn from them. As much as I've loved some of those posts, I could never have written them because I haven't lived them. I am, however, an adoptive parent. And while I've read a great many phenomenal posts written by adoptive parents, it was a young twenty-something living and working in an orphanage in China that brought me to my knees.

5) Your most helpful post: Love and Adoption.
From the response I received from that one post, which - honestly - I feel came more from the Holy Spirit than from me, I don't think I could choose any other. It's one that I pondered for months and months. And once I sat down to type it out, it just flowed through me and onto the screen. I feel fairly certain that it's the most helpful simply because it's Biblical.

6) A post with a title of which you are proud: In Which I Narrowly Avoided Introducing Sarah Palin, Wall-E and One of the Wiggles to The Bird
See? You totally have to read the post now, don't you? Thought so.

7) A post that you wish more people had read: Big Give Revealed.
Only about a dozen people read my blog when I wrote this post. And I just wish EVERYONE could read it, not because it was well written (I actually wrote it exhausted at about 2 AM), but because it was well lived. Because it shows others how incredible my neighbors are. And because it shows others how incredible they can be if they just try.
Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has. -- Margaret Mead
We didn't change the world that day, but we changed one family's world. And that? That means everything to me. It was one of the greatest days of my life.

17 comments:

Heather said...

Right!

Stefanie said...

Cool idea! Might have to try this one myself :)
Great opportunity to revisit your top posts, TM... you've definitely been rockin' out some brilliant stuff!

Aus said...

And you are going to bog down my day today aren't you? :)

hugs - aus and co.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I love this post TM! Although I probably haven't read all of these posts, I just want to let you know that I always, always, ALWAYS, find your posts interesting, thought provoking and DEFINITELY from the heart.

I just love coming to your blog.

Lea
xo

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

One more thing! They are so well written!

Have the BEST day.

Lea
xo

LucisMomma said...

Just now read the ones that were new to me. Your ability to make me cry is still there (the Big Give Revealed).

So glad you share your life, it makes us all better people for it.

Carla said...

okay, so, well, I'm NOT inspired by this..Nope...not gonna participate. Why? mainly because I doubt I have links for some of these. *grin*

GREAT time down memory lane. I can't believe I've been here for most of this blog. *sniff* So glad Cheri pointed you out to me waaaay back when.

k said...

thank you TM so much for this. from my heart. it will be an honor to go back and do some past reading :)

k said...

oh fantastic now i'm crying. Big Give Revealed? tear jerker revealed.

WONDERFUL. i wanted to comment there but couldn't.

Christina said...

As a new reader, I really loved this post as a way to get to know you even more. Some of those posts had me laughing so hard! And I had already read about the Big Give but it made me tear up again! Thanks for sharing!

Claudia said...

I had so much fun reading all of these!!

Sharie said...

I've read these all before, but the Big Give - I had to revisit, simply because it reminds me of how good people truly are. Thanks for reminding me:)

Laurie said...

Yep, I had to read the bird story, and yep, the Disney story brought tears to my eyes. When it's not 11:00 PM I'll go back and read the others- something to look forward to during my free time tomorrow. Yippee! :)

Mia_h_n said...

I love this concept. I good chance for you to think back and for us readers to know how you view your own stuff. I liked it :)

Kristi said...

First of all, you've only been blogging for just over two years? Hmm, seems like I've been enjoying a good laugh from you with my morning coffee for longer. Guess you are just "comfortable" like an old friend. And thanks for the highlights of Our Little Togginator. I went back and read each one. Good times, good times!
Some day when I have enough time (and peace and quiet around here) I may copy it myself. But since that's likely to be in about 14 years...

The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow - Now I have 7 posts to go back and read. I don't know that I've read all of them.

I might do this, too. I've been running dry on good material lately. I know it's cuz of the running running running I've been doing for one kid's part time job, the second kid's football camp, the third kid's band camp and the fourth kid's occasional play date. I'm so scattered with all that running around. Only one week left...

Erica said...

Very cool and if I weren't lazy I might think of stealing it from you!