About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Motor Mouth and a Jump

Yet again, y'all, I prove that I? Am a moron. Two days ago, as the Tongginator and I drove down our street, heading home, we stopped to chat with a neighbor who'd been out of town for over a month. Mrs. O (as the kids all call her) and I talked and talked and talked. The Tongginator became so impatient with our chatter, she got out of the car to play in Mrs. O's front yard... talk with her much older son... swing on the playset in their backyard... pet their dog... and then finally walk past ten or so houses until she reached our own.

In fact, Mrs. O and I talked so much, when I tried to re-start my car, I realized something rather important. What, you might ask? Well, I discovered that I had left my lights on during our entire one-hour chat. And how did I figure that out, you might ask? I discovered said fact because my car battery died.

My motor mouth killed the battery. Oh yes, it did.

Thankfully, we live at the bottom of a very slight hill, so I was able to coast down, in nuetral, until I reached our driveway. And then I cringed as I informed my husband that I needed a jump because I only had an hour before I had to leave yet again to attend a Very Important Meeting.

When the Tongginator heard that her daddy was going to "give Momma's car a jump," she paused, then crinkled up her nose and slowly said, "Umm... Momma? If Amelia Bedelia heard that you car needed a jump, she would go out and jump on top of it again and again. But that's not what you mean... is it?"

No, Tongginator... that's not what I meant at all, even though your Daddy might have felt frustrated enough with Momma to maybe possibly do that in addition to pulling out the jumper cables.

Because my motor mouth? Tends to run WAY too often, unlike my car battery.

18 comments:

bbmomof2boys said...

Been there done that! Left the lights on at a baseball game, went to go home early with Little T, no go. *sigh*

Get a new battery so the next time you do that {ahem} the battery won't die so quickly!!

Hugs,
Carla

Aus said...

Yep - well - if it 'really' was only an hour - you need a new battery anyway - k? You can just add it to TD's things to do list!

And people are more important than batteries!

hugs - aus and co.

Carla said...

oh that is so something I would do while talking with a neighbor.

agreed, if lights left on for one hour means it died...might need a new battery soon.

a Tonggu Momma said...

My husband said the same thing! It's on the to-do list!

Wanda said...

Well....proves another thing though. You don't have AADD! (Happy?)
=)

Sharie said...

Well it's better to find out that you need a new battery now then some morning in the dead of winter when you run the Tongginator something to school (in your pajamas) RIGHT?!
Tell the TD that your motor mouth saved you some major humiliation.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Hmmm..in an hour? haha..I love the description of your very patient daughter (al the things she did while wht m.m. was running!) I have been there!!

& oh, Amelia Bedelia has the BESTEST ideas!!

Suzy said...

What a delight that YOUR daughter will amuse herself instead of yelling, "Mom. Mom! MOM!MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!" while trying to twist your fingers out of joint. I might be a smidge embarrassed to tell my husband that I'd talked my battery to death, too. He'd certainly never let me forget it. I'm sure TD is above that sort of thing.

jennifer said...

LOL...So funny! I have to say, I don't think my motor mouth has ever killed a car battery! Although, I'm sure my husband wouldn't put it past me :)

Love the Amelia Bedelia comment!

Kristi said...

I just love Togginator's thought process, "...but that's not what you mean..."
And at least you are spending time with friends!

Briana's Mom said...

I am actually quite impressed that your motor mouth drained the car battery. Quite impressed actually. :)

Kim K. said...

Impressive and funny. I especially love the Amelia Bedelia comment.

Patty O. said...

I would have done the same thing.

And I love that T figured out that a jump was different than what it sounds like.

I love Amelia Bedelia, always have. It's been recently, though, that I have been thinking that she must have Asperger's or be on the spectrum. Am I neurotic, or what?

The Gang's Momma! said...

LOL - love how well little T occupied herself during your visit!

And Patty O's comment totally cracked me up - I've always wondered if Amelia Bedelia had ADD or something...

Kudos to TD for NOT jumping up and down on your car . . . I've dented the rear portion of our car THREE times since Feb (don't ask. bad days, all three of them) and I think The Boss really wanted to jump up and down and yell and scream. Especially since one of the dents is now a little rusty... bad days, bad bad days.

Annie said...

Hahahaha!!! LOVE it TM! I can say that I have never run my car battery down by talking but I have run my kids off!! LOL! BTW, LOVE Amelia Bedelia and love that the Tongginator used her:)

delucchi family said...

hee hee hillarious story :-)
Enjoy your holidays xxx our summer break has just begun - fun and sun.Love Jules
xxxx

kitchu said...

you ever laugh so hard you start coughing and then get stuck sort of coughing and laughing? well, that's me, right now.

Aunt LoLo said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh, mama. That? is Classic. And this is the story that Miss T. will pull out. Right after you pull out the one about the time she asked a stranger to fix her wedgie. Or stormed the stage at Sesame Land. Or...the millions of other Tongginator Moments she's had. ;-)

If this one doesn't quiet you down, then she'll pull out the time you streaked the babysitter. ;-)

*mwah*

You're my hero!