About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tongginator Thoughts About God

during bath time on Sunday night

TONGGU MOMMA
: Tongginator, you have had a very tough day today. You need to get it together or you're not gonna have book tonight.

TONGGINATOR: (totally exasperated) But Momma, I don't know if I can get it together. God's just not helping me out today.

TONGGU MOMMA: God's not helping you out? What are you talking about?

TONGGINATOR: He's not talking to me, Momma.

TONGGU MOMMA
: Tongginator, He is talking to you. You just have to stop talking yourself long enough to listen to him.

TONGGINATOR: (short pause, then in a flippant tone) Momma, he's still not talking.

TONGGU MOMMA
: (maybe possibly trying not to laugh) Tongginator, He is. You have to stop. You have to wait. And then you will hear Him.

TONGGINATOR: (longer pause, then total sassiness) He's still not saying ANYTHING, Momma.

TONGGU MOMMA
: Well, if that's the case, then I think you must be too tired for book tonight. Because if you are too tired to hear God, then you are definitely too tired to hear a book.

TONGGINATOR: Oh, no, Momma! I hear Him now!

TONGGU MOMMA
: Oh, you do, huh? What's He telling you right now?

TONGGINATOR: Umm... He's telling me that I need to lose my attitude? And to stop arguing? And to maybe stop being so sassy?

TONGGU MOMMA
: (definitely choking back a laugh now) I think you're right, honey bear. I think that's exactly what He's telling you.

TONGGINATOR: So... does that mean I get book then?

33 comments:

Cristina said...

Ha!!! Go Tongginator!! xxx

Rhonda said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...she's HILARIOUS!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

she is so funny and bright.

Lea
xo

Aus said...

You go T - sharp child! But we've got to know....did she get a book? ;)

hugs - aus and co.

Buckeroomama said...

I totally love her! TM, you can never let your guard down around her.

Love Letters To China said...

Priceless!

Elouise82 said...

Ah, kids. Too fun!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Aus, yes... *sigh*

Journeywoman said...

I'm glad she got book.

That being said I did expect her to say "Gd said for you to give me book!"

What a great scene.

Chelsea Gour said...

Mom, I hope you have all your wits about you every. single. day. Because, it is going to take all that you have {a possibly more} to keep up with that one! I know. I have one too!

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Heh! I love her sassiness!

Jill

Gayla said...

OH- she is one smart cookie! and
OH- you are an awesome mommy! :-)

Kim said...

What a hoot!! She sure keeps you on your toes. Never a dull moment in your house.

Sharie said...

She is BRIGHT! Wow, never a dull moment:)

Lisa said...

LOL

A wise girl then, at the very end of testing her Mama's patience!!

What a sweet moment, sass aside!! And sometimes even the sass can be a treat! ( in a limited way!) :)

Christina said...

She is so, so smart! Sounds like you know how to handle her though!

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

perhaps a deeper lessen in there, no? perhaps many of us need to listen a little more.

Heather of the EO said...

I love it. She's so smart. And holy.

Patricia/NYC said...

Oh my goodness...this made me laugh out loud! This could very well be a conversation in our house...word for word!!!! lol!!!

The other day, when Kiara was less than agreeable & I was trying to get her back on track, she said to me: "I'm sorry momma, but Jesus made me this way"....

oh boy!!! These girls are so smart & so gosh darn cute!! (if I must say so myself!) ha!

Mei Ling said...

Does she mean physically hearing a real life voice next to her ear?

Kristi said...

I so almost snorted coffee out my nose when I read this dialogue this morning. She's a clever one!

M3 said...

Ha!!!! Love it.

Laurie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! She's no dummy!

Michelle@BornInOurHearts said...

I'm so glad I took a blog break for a second and popped over. This is too funny!! Love it!!

prechrswife said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

Magi said...

Smart girl. ;O)

YoonSeon said...

LOL, nice.

Annie said...

I just LOVE your girl!!!!

Chandra said...

Oh my, I love it!!!

And I agree with Buckarromama, don't let your guard down around this girl! You'll miss the fun!!
:)

Cheri said...

Oh my, she cracks me up and I don't know how you manage to keep a straight face!

Football & Fried Rice said...

Isn't that what we all want to know after we've been quiet? Well??

:)

Wanda said...

I think even God smiled at that one!

Aunt LoLo said...

*snort* Oh, God tells me the same thing all! the! time! At least we know He's consistent.

That's one smart little girl you have there.