About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Tongginator Idea

I will totally share with y'all what is INSIDE the time capsule sometime this week. I promise. But I need a few days. (And don't fail to check out Lisa's additional ideas for special remembrances. Loved them!) In other news... I am totally am copping out with this post because:

1. I spent HOURS talking on the phone with Carla yesterday.

2. I am watching twins Pocket and Posies this week while their daddy is at work. (Oh, and just so everyone knows... Carla didn't realize until yesterday that the twins are actually fraternal boy-girl twins. Which means that Pocket? Is a BOY. Just thought I'd mention that in case you didn't know either.)

3. Dirty Dancing was on last night. And - ya know - I totally carried a watermelon.

So in order to keep y'all laughing, I am sharing a story that happened MONTHS ago. I felt too embarrassed to share it at the time, but Carla learned about it yesterday and told me I absolutely! needed! to! write! a! blog! post! about it. No, I didn't get caught running through the house to the laundry room, thankyouverymuchforasking. It's a Tongginator story. A Tongginator story that happened at school.

Brace yourselves.

Several months ago, Ms. Confetti practically ran up to me when I came in to volunteer one afternoon. She told me she had A Story to tell me. It seems that she was standing behind the Tongginator and another student, the oldest and smartest boy in the class. And she overheard the Tongginator tell this young man, "Let's do what we did yesterday. I don't wanna listen and think too much today, so how about I listen to Ms. Confetti during Science. And I'll write down the answers. And then you can look at them and write them down, too. But when Math happens, I can rest and stuff and you can write down the answers. And then I can look at yours and write them down, too."

Oh yes, she did.

Ms. Confetti said that it took All She Had to not laugh out loud.

She got herself under control, then called both of the children over to have A Serious Talk with them. And Ms. Confetti explained that, since they were just in kindergarten, she knew they didn't know this, but that doing what they did yesterday... and plotted to do today... was very, very wrong. And that it was called CHEATING. And that Big Kids who cheat don't just go on red, they actually Go To The Principal's Office.

Ms. Confetti told me that my daughter's eyes grew as round as saucers. And then, instead of apologizing, her face fell in disappointment. I can only guess at what she was thinking, since she refused to talk about it. And I'm a-thinking that she was thinking, 'Darn. Cuz that? Was a good idea.'

I know. My daughter, the Kindergarten Cheat.

You gotta love her creativity though.

Right???

31 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

You gotta love the way her mind works, LOL!

bbmomof2boys said...

Wait..what? You talked to me for hours last night?

I really don't need to say anything because if you go back and look at some of my other comments I've said it at least a dozen times...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
the other Carla

Aus said...

TM - your girl may go a long way in life - even to the White House (well - ok - she's not qualified to be president - but she could to to congress....but then again....who'd want to....) Still - I really like her thinking!

hugs - aus and co.

jen@odbt said...

I would call that being a team player.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

ROTFL that is hilarious!!!!

autumnesf said...

Ah yes. Will it help if I tell you my son changed the grades on his report card in Kindergarten?

Pencil over pen.

And he wrote the letter backwards.

And maintained he didn't do it until I pointed out the letter was backwards?

And then daddy had to take the report card in and admit we knew about it and had handled it.

And a year later that same teacher admitted she keeps that report card taped inside her desk drawer.

For when she needs a good laugh.

Now that is embarrassing.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

And, now we all know who the smartest girl is in the class. That is the BEST. LOL LOL!

Lea
xo

Heather of the EO said...

Nope. I hadn't caught on that pocket was a boy. Ever.

And the cheating thing? Hilarious. How does her teacher NOT laugh?

Carla said...

I still maintain that your daughter is SMART to have thought that scheme up! She's already learned that 2 heads are better than one, and combined you can get so much more done...like resting during math lessons! ;)

I so need to tell my OWN cheating story, meant to during that conversation. I was in 5th grade though, and KNEW better.

Colin and Jill Canada said...

I almost died laughing, especially at the part you added about what the tongginator was *probably* thinking!

Funny funny stuff!
Jill

Debby said...

That's one clever little girl. She is 16 right? LOL

Mama.The.Dragon said...

Yep, CREATIVE!!!!

My sister has a whopper of a kindergarten story to tell about my nephew... when 'it' happened she called - crying - thinking she needed to send him off to military school (LOL!). I, of course, thought his actions showed intelligence and creativity and calmly told her: Actually, I think you need to get him into some serious acting classes. If he is that 'good' in everyday situations, he'd be excellent on stage or on the big screen!

Chris said...

First, I love the way Ms. Confetti reacted....laughing!! How could one not laugh???? (Really, what a great teacher!)

Second, that daughter of yours....she is priceless!
Like I said before, she and Shea together would definitely...ummm, be quite the pair! However, while reading this 'story', I immediately thought of my oldest daughter, my twenty year old! BTDT!!! :)

Gayla said...

Hysterical! I love her reaction- disappointment! What a bummer to have such a genius idea only to find out that it's wrong. What a drag. ;-)

LucisMomma said...

That is so doggone funny! I think this story puts T right up there as the smartest girl in class--that is just one smart proposition (not ethical, but still....).

LucisMomma said...

PS--about Carla--I also had my own scheme in 5th grade....must be something about 5th grade girls, huh? LOL

Janet said...

Oh dear. SO nice to know things like that, huh? Keeps us NICE and humble...:-)

Briana's Mom said...

Too smart for her own good. ;)

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

I love her industriousness and creative problem-solving skills.

Jboo said...

What a great little thinker! I'll bet Mrs. Confetti did have a hard time maintaining a serious look!

Janet

Christina said...

Too funny!!!! And Ms. Confetti is amazing!

Laurie said...

I was really nervous at first about what "they did yesterday". I think I'm happy it was only cheating. Ha! :) I could read stories like this all day long- this age is just hysterical!

Kristi said...

It's a good thing she was caught before she progressed into a "life of crime." ;)
I have to admit that I laughed out loud and woke up my last napper in the house when I read this!

Andrea said...

Is there a future as an efficiency expert? I think she should apply because logically it does seem like such a good idea. ;-)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I know that I shouldn't encourage her but that is hilarious! They are too smart for their own good!!!!

Oh heavens....this girl is going to be a leader:)

Magi said...

Genius, pure genius.

Suzy said...

Oh, I think she has a brilliant future ahead of her. Her grasp of energy conservation at such a tender age is so encouraging!Our future is in good hands!

Sandra & Steve said...

Right, truly brilliant! I stand truly impressed. ;0)

Dita said...

That Rainbow Princess is gonna rule the world one day...ain't no joke!

What a BRILLIANT kid!

Aunt LoLo said...

Dude, as parents? We do it all the time! It's called Divide and Conquer. You think -I- know when the bills are due? Nope! Not my job. Do you think -he- knows when the kids need to eat? Not a chance! LOL

Cavatica said...

Rats. It's hard to learn that your great ideas are really illegal.