About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

The Myth of the Forever Family: When Adoption Falls Apart
-- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn Friedman at Brain, Child... on disruption and dissolution within adoption

A House Divided -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive parent (China) Raina at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on the differing views that exist within the adoption community, after reading two responses to the adoption segment seen on the television talk show "The View"

Ethica responds to "The Baby Business" at Ethica, an independent voice for ethical adoptions, and PEAR's response to "The Baby Business" at PEAR: Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform... two responses to the recent article The Baby Business, written by EJ Graff and published by The Schuster Institute for Investigative Journalism

Her Parent Vs. A Parent
-- first mother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... on labels and roles when it comes to members of the adoption triad

Listening to adult adoptees: Do others really want to hear what we have to say? -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... describing the catch-22 of being an adult adoptee who is willing to speak out about her experiences

Face Painting -- Vietnamese blogger Q. Le at Floating World... on racism in the movie casting of two summer blockbusters [HAT TIP to Martha Nichols at Adopt-A-Tude]

heritage: ignore or integrate? -- adoptive momma (China) K at more than this... on integrating your child's cultural heritage (be sure to read the comments on this one)

U.S. definition of "orphan" has expanded -- adult adoptee (Korea) Jane Jeong Trenka at Jane's Blog... taking a closer look at the United State's new definition of orphan

How Chinese teenagers stick it to The Man
-- raised in China and now living in Chicago, Michelle Cui XiaoXiao at Mercury Brief... an interesting glimpse into the school life of a Chinese teenager [HAT TIP to Richard at The Peking Duck]

Babies Scared Mama -- adoptive momma (China) Shannon at Throwing Our Arms Wide Open... her young daughter's reaction to the well-known children's book "I Love You Like Crazy Cakes"

3 comments:

Chris said...

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE these 'Sunday Linkage' posts!!!

Thank you so much!!!

They are so helpful, informative, controversial, eye-opening, compassionate, critical, engaging, wonderful, educational....well, need I say more???

:)

Sherri said...

Where are you this week? I miss you!

Sarah said...

I know it's been a long time since I've left a comment but I wanted to let you know I've given you a blog award. For a copy of the award etc read my post http://standup8.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/i-have-substance/