About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Orphan statistics explained -- at Ethica, an independent voice for ethical adoption... explaining the oft-quoted 163 million orphans statistic

A Year -- adoptive momma (China) Shirlee McCoy at And Then There Were Seven... the year-long journey for her daughter, and for her, from adoption day until now

Why being adopted as an infant does not nullify adoption loss -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... showing specific examples in her life that visibly highlight the adoption loss she felt and feels

Useful or Creepy? -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... on a website that offers a... er... unique service to adoptive families: age regression photos of a child who does not have any baby pictures as well as photo composites of what an adopted child's unknown birth parents might look like

Finding Me: I Am American -- adult adoptee (China) Mary Behan at Rainbow Kids... on her quest to find her identity [HAT TIP to Sarah at My Little Lantern]

Girls Like Me -- first mother Robin at Motherhood Deleted... a powerful post comparing and contrasting Rizzo from the movie "Grease" to herself as a teenager

Special Report: Thirty Years of the One-Child Policy -- one of the blog's many contributors from the University of California, Irvine at The China Beat... several important links that detail, analyze and discuss China's controversial population control policies

The Not Adopted -- adoptive momma (China and Guatemala) Judy at the group adoption blog Grown in My Heart... on the children raised in orphanages

Where do you stand? -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive parent (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... an excellent questionnaire for adoptive parents to complete

Two families in two nations help child burn victim thrive -- staff writer Jenna Johnson for The Washington Post... all about Jolene (Zhou Lin), an amazing teen I've had the honor to meet

The case against Adoption: Conclusion -- first mother Myst at Living in the Shadows... on why she feel adoption is outdated as a law and an institution

Was Adopted or Am Adopted? -- adult adoptee (Columbia) Astrid Dabbeni at the group blog Adoption Mosaic... video blog discussing the choice between saying "I was adopted" or "I am adopted"

2 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

as always I am so appreciative of the time it takes to seek out and share this information.

Have a fab Sunday!

Lea
xo

Paula O. said...

I echo the above comment - thank you for sharing these perspectives with us and for being so generous in your linkage.