About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

"Multiculturalism?" or "Koreanism?" Or... Both?
-- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean Adoptee... feeling most at home amid a diverse crowd rather than amid an all-white or all-Korean crowd

what I wanted to say... -- adoptive momma (foster to adopt and Haiti) Kristen Howerton at Rage Against the Minivan... after appearing on the television show "The View" to talk adoption, this momma shares all that she wanted to have time to say

Smash the Machine; Win a Prize -- first mother Susie Book at Endure for a Night... on the entitlement she sees in some adoptive parent forums [HAT TIP to Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working]

Adoption and Prenatal Care -- adoptive momma (Romania) and marriage and family therapist Sally Maslansky at The Huffington Post... on the life long effects of a child's experience in utero

The Definitive Guide to Asian-American Literature -- Korean-American Julie Kang at the group blog Kimchi Mamas... direct links to book catalogs that focus on Asian and Asian-American literature for children and young adults

Father's Day Questions -- adoptive momma (foster care to adopt) Hartley at at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... thoughts and emotions concerning whether or not she should contact her son's first father

If I'm Not Locally Produced, Does That Almost Make Me An International Import? -- adult adoptee (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... on the term "homegrown" to describe a biological child

But I didn't want an open adoption... -- adoptive dad (Ethiopia) D at Around the World and 2 Kids... on contact with his daughter's first family

Creating a Vital Connection for Transracial Adoptees -- adult adoptee (domestic) Kevin D. Hofmann at My Mind on Paper... on creating a cultural connection plan

Bearing the brunt -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn at this woman's work... on a conversation with her daughter about anger in adoption

When the Adopted Can't Adapt -- Time magazine staff writer Kate Pickert at Pound Pup Legacy... a Time magazine article about adoptive families who parent children with attachment and other challenges as well as information about disruption, dissolution and the Ranch for Kids

1 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Oh my gosh. I sure appreciate all your research. Off to the library website I go to see if I can order any/some of these books.

Enjoy Father's Day and the recital. I am sure both will be worth remembering.

Lea
xo