About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Reunion Confusion Strikes All
-- first mother Faux Claud at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... on reunions between first parents and adoptees

Would You Have Preferred to Grow Up in an Orphanage?
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... on why it's wrong to ask an adoptee this question, no matter the conditions in orphanages

Your Child's Reality Does NOT Belong to You -- adoptive momma (China) Autumn at Autumn Asks Why... on how and why adoptees (and all children, really) belong to themselves and not to us

Luck: Gratitude's Sidekick? -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... on "lucky" comments when it comes to adoption

Another "what would you do?" story -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... an Indian mother is fighting to meet her child, eleven years after a Dutch family unknowingly adopted the child illegally

What's Your Definition of Nice? -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive momma (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... on niceness and intrusive, adoption-related questions and comments

Babies!!! -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... a list of links to family blogs for those families who received referrals in the last batch

Advice From an Adoptee to Mom
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Kevin D. Hofmann at My Mind on Paper... on growing up "different" and six tips for adoptive parents

Looking At Racism Anew
-- Korean-American Julie Kang at the group blog Kimchi Mamas... on racism towards Asian-Americans

Germs -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... on a conversation her daughter had about her with her (adoptive) mom

Children Aren't Puppies (and other things I think everyone should know)
-- adoptive momma (China) Shirlee McCoy at And Then There Were Seven... her thoughts about the term and concept of re-homing

I Know You Were Adopted, But... Part II -- adoptive momma (Thailand) April at Amazing Grace... on how NO parent knows what they are getting into before they actually become parents

3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

some of these titles are a little scary for me! But, I think so important for me to look in to.

thank you, for putting them out here. I appreciate it.

Have the BEST Sunday!

Lea
xo

Anna said...

5th one from down really caught my eye. That is so sad that the parents lost their child but it proves to me that they still really love him since they don't want to pull him away from the only life he has know.
Thanks for posting these! They are really great.

Keating Mom said...

Great links! Funny timing- I had a "nice" conversation with someone this afternoon! That post (6th one down) came to mind as I stumbled to pick my jaw off the ground and answer!