About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

So many good ones this week, y'all... be sure to grab a cup of coffee and settle in.

Make Art History Inside S. Korea's Parliament -- adult adoptee (Korea) Jane Jeong Trenka at Jane's Blog... after being asked by South Korean national parliamentarian Choi Young-hee (DP) to create a piece of art for lawmakers to view, Jane and other TRACK members are asking South Korean adult adoptees and adoptive parents to mail them photos from the dossier

unfinished conversations -- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him... on talking adoption with her son

A Response to Ignorance: The Typical Idea of Gratitude -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... sharing her thoughts after an extended relative commented on her blog that she should feel grateful that she was adopted

Trauma Tuesday: What Does a Traumatized Child Think of God? -- adoptive momma (domestic) and child abuse survivor Faith Allen at the group blog Adoption Under One Roof... insight into what traumatized children might view God

Orphanage Scene -- teen adoptee (China) Julia Tombari at the group Chinese adoptee blog One World... a poem about orphanage life

Lily Might Have Been
-- first mother Coco at the group adoption blog Grown In My Heart... what life might have been like if...

Military Metaphor -- adult adoptee (Korea) and adoptive momma (China) Raina at Faiths & Illusions... the week after Memorial Day, a fitting metaphor to describe her life as an adoptee

Adoptive Parent Denial? -- adult adoptee (Korea) Melissa at Yoon's Blur... on the common thread among adoptive parents that *their* love will be enough to heal an adoptee from the pain of adoption loss

A Mother's Bill of Rights -- first mother Cedar at Adoption Critique... a bill of rights for ALL mothers, including those who may have once or are currently considering placing their children for adoption

How Do You Talk to a Preschooler About Race? -- Thien-Kim, a momma raising biracial children, at the group blog DC Metro Moms... on conversations with young children about race and racism

Adoption Q&A... and a Rant -- adult adoptee (Korea) Mica at Mica Pie... on her search and reunion with her first parents, as well as others' reactions to that search

Sunday Snapshot: Special Visitors -- Katherine, who is living, teaching and studying in China, at Life of a Pilgrim: Stories from China... describing an emotional visit to the local orphanage

Post Reunion Awkwardness -- adult adoptee (Korea) Kim at Land of the Morning Calm... on visits with her first mother after the initial meeting

Thoughts on Recent Adoption Announcements -- first mother Jenna at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... her thoughts after recent celebrity adoption announcements

Meeting Her Brother -- sister to an adoptee (domestic) and adoptive parent (foster care) Hartley at Hartley's Life with 3 Boys... on her sister's upcoming visit with her biological sibling

We Had the Talk -- adoptive momma (China) Diane at An-Ya... talking with her young daughter about adoption feelings and loss

untitled -- adoptive momma (China) mama d at the life that is waiting for us... more thoughts on China's quick slide from Confucianism to Communism, and the impact on abandoned children

5 comments:

wendy said...

Thanks for the links! And happy belated birthday. I'm so far behind, so my apologies for my late well-wishes.

Patricia/NYC said...

Wow...I especially liked "Adoptive Parent Denial"...fabulous!!

And how did I miss it??? Happy (belated) Birthday!!

Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

Thanks so much for linking my post about preschoolers and race! I also write more about race and children on my blog, I'm Not the Nanny www.imnotthenanny.com

What a great round of links you put together. I'm going to check them out.

RoseBelle said...

I sometimes post links that I feel maybe helpful to others too. I'm sure the ones you posted would come in handy to other parents going through the adoption process.

Mia_h_n said...

Being fairly new to your blog I gotta say that one of the things I find really great (besides your writing style) is your Linkage.

I love that you share from you huge network of all sorts of adoption blogs, and I LOVE that you do a lot of the groundwork for me by rummaging through and serving me the highlights! ;)