About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer! Finally!

Even though school's been out for two weeks now, yesterday felt like our First Official Day of Summer. Because we finally got to see the Tongginator's best friends, twins Cinnamon and Spice, who just got out of school a few days ago. For those of you who don't know, we met Cinnamon and Spice, as well as their parents, at an FCC picnic when all of the girls were toddlers.

Our girls have grown up together.

And they have really struggled with not seeing each other this year, during the hustle and bustle of all-day kindergarten. Canuck K and I tried to get them together as often as we could, but it felt like a HUGE change after weekly playdates for over three years.

Yesterday felt so very fun, watching them giggle their way through glitter and all things girly. They didn't have much time for the moms, which was alright with Canuck K and I, since all we wanted to do was - and I'm quoting the girls here - chat and chat and chat. We arrived at 10:30 and didn't leave until 3 PM.

Oh, how I've missed our weekly playgroup. And oh, how happy I am that summer is here and we can start it all over again. I'm even more happy that the girls didn't seem to skip a beat... they cherish one another, y'all. And different schools didn't seem to sever that connection. They share a significant bond. They have similar stories.

And it means so much to them. And to their mommas.

(And yeah... yeah... yeah... if you are a Facebook friend, no smart remarks about how the twins seemed to cherish and adore the Tongginator just as much as the Tongginator seems to cherish and adore... um... herself. What can I say except that I'm trying really, really hard to NOT raise a Diva?)

11 comments:

Tonggu Grammy said...

Alas, to our huge enjoyment, you are NOT succeeding. The FB video was very entertaining. 2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate? Miss T!

Aus said...

You really are trying to force me to read FB aren't you! The only reason I have FB or Myspace is so I can stalk my kids - no other reason at all! Hummmm.....;)

It is very cool to have friends like that - don't trade that for the world!

hugs - aus and co.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I just love summer. but boy it seems to fly by. Enjoy every minute!

Lea
xo

bbmomof2boys said...

FB? you are on FB? hmmmm....

Our summer is flying by already - with gymnastics 2x a week, speech therapy once a week, swimming lessons, baseball...very very busy! We hope to travel to NY in August but it depends on baseball and how far the legion team gets.

I suspect your T is already a diva!!

Hugs,
Carla

Kelley said...

Hee, hee, hee! I'm trying really, really hard not to raise a Diva too.

Only it's not working.

I'm glad you're having fun with your playgroup...that is something to be cherished!

Annie said...

Good friends are so great:)

prechrswife said...

Sounds like a fun day. I know what you mean about your summer. We have been tied up with church stuff since school got out for the summer, and we've just been too busy to just have summer break. Friday finishes up all of the extra stuff, though, so we'll be able to enjoy the rest of it.

Jboo said...

Sounds like fun! Isn't it wonderful how they can catch right up again without a misstep! And what -- you're on FB????

Janet

Briana's Mom said...

What a sweet post! I love that Briana really cherishes her friends too. When school starts up again, it will be hard. We won't get to see her play date friends as much. :(

The Byrd's Nest said...

Okay....FIRST of all...I want to be your fb friend!!!!!! Second, your sweet princess is not a Diva...she has extremely high self esteem and speaking from experience with my 22 yr. old daughter who has none....leave it there...she will need it when she hits middle school:) I truly adore her personality:)

Sharie said...

Why is it that those of us who are the least "divaish" seem to be raising divas?

I dislike all things pink...rarely played dolls, had more Star Wars figures than Barbies and all my kid cares about are dresses, jewelry and Polly Pockets. Why?