About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More Marriage Plans

First a quick note... I emailed everyone who commented on Monday about "my" oh-so-clever Oh, The Places You'll Go idea... I had to admit that I got the idea from someone else, but I couldn't remember who I had heard it from (was it a blog friend? a friend in real life?). And Carla emailed me yesterday to let me know that I probably saw it on Cheri's blog. And she was right! So save your praises for the brilliant Cheri, who learned of it from an equally brilliant friend. And if you were feeling guilty about stealing it... bwwaaahahahaha!... don't. Because I stole it. And Cheri stole it. And you can steal it. And then people can steal it from you. Because Great Ideas deserve to be shared.

And now...

I just love summer because I get to spend so much more time with my daughter. And my Tongginator? She cracks me up. Just last night, during her shower...

TONGGINATOR: Momma, when I get older, I'm gonna get married.

TONGGU MOMMA: Okay, honey bear. You can get married when you are older.

TONGGINATOR: But I'm gonna be nervous getting married, so you have to help me.

TONGGU MOMMA: Er... what exactly do you mean, Tongginator? What kind of help do you want from Momma?

TONGGINATOR: Well, can we live here? With you and Daddy? Even when I get married?

TONGGU MOMMA: Tongginator, you can ALWAYS live with Momma and Daddy, though you probably won't WANT to live with us once you get married. But you can if you want to.

TONGGINATOR: I'll want to. But I'm still gonna need more help.

TONGGU MOMMA: You are? What else do you need help with?

TONGGINATOR: Well, Momma... I won't know exactly who I should marry. So can you help me? Can you tell me who I should marry?

*cue Evil Mother-in-Law Laugh*

(not really, y'all)

TONGGU MOMMA: Well, Tongginator, once you get older, you'll know when you meet the right person. There are things that you should look for in a husband that are really important. If the person doesn't have those things, then you probably shouldn't marry him.

TONGGINATOR: Like what things, Momma?

TONGGU MOMMA: Well... how he treats you. Is he kind to you or does he treat you meanly? Because you only want to marry someone who is kind to you. And does he make you laugh? Because if he doesn't make you laugh sometimes, then it might be hard to enjoy spending lots of time with him. And does he love God and treat other people well? Because even if he's nice to you, that doesn't mean you should marry him... he should treat other people nicely, too.

TONGGINATOR: Does Daddy make you laugh?

TONGGU MOMMA: All the time.

TONGGINATOR: Okay. I'll need help picking out a husband like that, Momma. Because I don't know if you'll like him.

*cue Evil Mother-in-Law Laugh again*

(again, not really, y'all)

TONGGU MOMMA: Tongginator, if he treats you well, then we will like him. And if he makes you happy, then he'll make us happy.

TONGGINATOR: Okay, Momma, but I'm still gonna need help, okay?

TONGGU MOMMA: Okay.

TONGGINATOR: Because I may not be able to find him at the ball. Because - from what I've seen - those balls can get pretty crowded. So you might have to help me find him. Okay?

TONGGU MOMMA: (okay, that time I really DID laugh) Okay, Tongginator. I'll help you find him at the ball. Because you're right... those balls can get pretty crowded.

(And there are SO many of those princess balls happening in our neck of the woods, you know. Seriously, y'all... how am I ever gonna find a princess ball so that the Tongginator can meet her prince?)

28 comments:

Cristina said...

Well OF COURSE a princess MUST meet her handsome Prince at a ball!! You will just have to arrange it TM!! xxx

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

aw, you will have to plan the ball yourself!

Lea
xo

Keating Mom said...

I love the way she thinks!! You should have recorded that conversation, so that one day, when she's older, you can remind her that she did, indeed, ask you to help her! ;)

Aus said...

Princess - you mean I'm not the only parent that refers to his daughters as 'princess'? Yeah - enjoy it now because I have a feeling when she meets Mr. Right she won't be all that interested in your help....but I'll pray that she always (did I say always) will want it!

hugs - aus and co.

PS - glad that TD makes you laugh!

Tonggu Grammy said...

You're near the Naval Academy and they have the annual Navy Birthday Ball not to mention other formal dances. Just make sure that she finds a Marine and NOT a squid.

Kristi said...

I so want to meet this child one day! And if you throw said Ball, can you be sure to have a few extra Prince Charming candidates and invite my girls too?

bbmomof2boys said...

Not a squid...TG...you crack me up!

Those evil MIL cackles? I heard them all the way down here! (I thought you weren't laughing?!)

This rest of this comment is for T - hey Tongginator! Little T says that when your mommy and daddy throw you a ball that she wants to come to it! Because she KNOWS that you and she are both princesses and the only way to meet your prince is at a ball. Jeez...our parents just don't get it!

:)

Hugs,
Carla

Briana's Mom said...

And thank you Disney. LOL! How do you meet a man to marry if there is no ball? Impossible! Maybe you can find one of those balls on the internet.

Funny stuff. Adorable too. :D

Debby said...

So cute. Love Tonga Grammy's comment. I like her.

autumnesf said...

I don't know TG...

We lived near a Navy SEAL training base in Florida...

And those squids?

Oh my! And those squids!!!

k said...

if anyone can find that princess ball, i'm pretty sure it'd be you TM! love this conversation, i was smiling the whole way through.

Michal said...

I agree with Tonggu Granny- NO Squids!

Oh man! I love your kid! She is a true character!

Chris said...

Oh, she will meet her prince....
And, what a prince he will be!!! :)

BTW, I like the Evil Mother-in Law laugh!!! Something I would *never* do...I mean, *never*!!!! ;)

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

too funny (and definitely worth saving for the proof. . .) As for TG, she's too funny (and I bet you didn't realize you were going to have a battle of the branches of service when you wrote this post, huh?). Here's to all of our children finding the right person for them--the one that treats them like a princess, a best friend, someone love God with, someone to laugh with and love with. . .and someone to afford that really nice nursing home. . . : )

La-La-Liene said...

And it's moments like this that are the reason we blog. That way we all have it written down somewhere and don't forget.

I'm so glad that she wants your approval on who she's going to marry. That shows how much she loves and respects you.

Keep us updated on the wedding plans and the search for prince charming. My handsome 6 1/2 yr old is available (wink).

Christina said...

Awh that is just precious!! I hope when the time comes she really does find her Prince Charming!

prechrswife said...

Too funny!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Boy, I don't stop by your place for a while, I come back, and Little Miss Tongginator is getting married.
She's such a cutie pie! Good to see you again!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Lottie and I have this conversation alot! She actually gets upset because I "won't" tell her who her husband will be? (sigh) Seriously, when I was five years old...I NEVER worried about who I was going to marry! lol

My big kids always joked that we would always live together...like a Byrd commune...lol:) They are 22 and 26 years old and would love for all of us to live together...I love this about kids:)

Marla said...

Hahaha! I just love her, what a cute conversation. I'm so behind on your blog, I must catch up!!!

Annie said...

Well, I have 3 Prince Charmings over here!!! Hehe!! Would it be wrong to arrange the ball and subsequent wedding now??? LOL!!

Wanda said...

Hey, there's something you can do with your lazy summer months. Plan a ball! She'll love you for it.

Cute stuff!

Michael, Melissa, Ainsley said...

Ahh, how sweet. My sweet child thinks that you automatically become a prince or princess when you get married - hence the really fancy clothes.

She's planning on marrying her bestest friend/prince (that's what she calls him) next year when they are 5 - at the park - with a London honeymoon and coming home to start kindergarten. I guess the lessons about how important school is has kicked (maybe?)

Janet said...

If he's wearing a tie with butterflies on it, she will know it's him right away. :-)

Dita said...

Yes, my dear....I belly laughed at that line about the Ball getting crowded...but more, about her desire for YOU to like him...boy, does she know TM or WHAT!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Love that little conversation but my advice to her... don't worry about a husband just yet... she has alot of life to live just yet... there will be plenty of those crystal balls around for the future... lol...

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh, she's one smart cookie. ;-)

윤선 said...

HAHAHA! That is so cute!