About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, June 7, 2010

Moments with Tongginator

from the back seat of the car...

TONGGINATOR: Momma, what does infinity mean?

TONGGU MOMMA: Um... Husband? Wanna take that?

TONGGU DADDY: Well, basically, Tongginator, it's just a number that never ends.

TONGGU MOMMA: Yeah, honey... it's a number that just goes on and on and on.

TONGGINATOR: Oh. You mean it doesn't ever stop? It just keeps going?

TONGGU DADDY: Yes.

TONGGINATOR: Okay. So it's kinda like The Food Network then, right? Because it just keeps going and going and going...

at the breakfast table, on Saturday morning...

TONGGINATOR: Momma, will I get to see Cinnamon and Spice at the FCC picnic today?

TONGGU MOMMA: Yes, honey, they'll be there.

TONGGINATOR: I wonder if they even remember me. I haven't seen them in a long, long time.

TONGGU MOMMA: Oh, honey, of course they remember you. We just haven't seen them for awhile because of school. But their mommy told me just yesterday that they were asking about you, and are SO excited to see you. And we'll see them A LOT more once school's out for the summer.

TONGGINATOR: That's good. Because I think they are the bestest friends I've ever had in my whole life.

TONGGU MOMMA: In your whole life?

TONGGINATOR: Yes, Momma... in my whole life. All six years of it. Because I'm six now.

at a friend's party this weekend...

TONGGINATOR: Momma, can I please, please, please drink some blue Gatorade?

TONGGU MOMMA: Sure, honey... but are you sure you'll like it?

TONGGINATOR: Oh, I don't like it. I just want to drink it.

TONGGU MOMMA: Umm... okay, you can have some. But why do you want to drink it if you don't like it?

TONGGINATOR: Because I want to wear blue lipstick. But you won't let me wear make-up. But if I drink blue Gatorade, then I'll have blue lips just like if I wore blue lipstick.


Here's to The Food Network, close friends and blue Gatorade... the most important things in the Tongginator's whole life. All six years of it.

27 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

You can never say that life with the Tongginator is dull. It is anything but! :)

bbmomof2boys said...

Gotta love the logic of a six year old.

Annie said...

LOVE it, TM!!!! She is a hoot:)

Keating Mom said...

She is a hoot! Glad you are writing this stuff down! :)

prechrswife said...

Aren't these kinds of conversations fun? I love the way kids' minds work. :-)

happygeek said...

LOVE the blue lips thing. Necessity truly is the mother of invention.

Briana's Mom said...

Again, I'm hearing a lot about food in this post. What is up with that? ;)

I love that she is willing to drink blue Gatorade that she dislikes for blue lips. Now that is dedication!

Cheri said...

This child of yours cracks me up! She is too cute.

Anna said...

"Just keeps going on and on and on" Ha ha she is to funny :)

Kris said...

how this made me smile...:O)

Rhonda said...

The Tongginator is *awesome*. The blue lips story...priceless!

Mia_h_n said...

That's so funny :)

I remember that blue lips thing, too. We didn't have Gatorade in DK in those days, but we had some super toxic blue lollipops which got the job done ;) Those were the days...

Colin and Jill Canada said...

Oh how I love her little mind!

I guess my girl will be asking for blue gatorade too in the future, because I'm not one for make-up! Heh!

Jill

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

the girly part of me must have just kicked in and my first thought? Food, friends, and feeling good (or looking good--tomato/tuhmahto) really are some of the most important things in life. Pretty sharp for six, I'd say. : )

Missy said...

She is so funny! Love her "whole six years!" That's a long time, ya know? :) What a doll pie. I am sure blue looks great on her, too!

RM @ LMMP said...

So cute!

My sister-in-law has colored her lips blue every easter with a blue malt ball easter egg ever since she was little.

I recently bought her the blue lime crime lipstick as a treat to tease her.

Janet said...

"All six years of it." I love how they say this like it has been SUCH a long time since they've been alive.

Those conversations are the best!

Summer said...

Thank you so much for your blog. I look forward to reading it each day and am so happy to have discovered it. I love how you make your readers feel like we know you yet keep the anonymity for your family.

Also, thanks for your comment on my blog, so glad you liked Jared Rehberg. He really is a wonderful person who tells his story so beautifully through music.

CC said...

"Okay. So it's kinda like The Food Network then, right? Because it just keeps going and going and going..."

that. comment. rocks.

Suzy said...

I've been blogging about Lydia conversations, too. Kids crack me up.

Soliloquy said...

Presh!!

Debbie said...

Oh honey, you have a live one in that girl! Be sure to get back to me in about 10 years:)

Patty O. said...

I love the way your girl's mind works. So, so great!

Gail said...

I wish I was six...ahhh such simpler times.

She is a crack up!!! love these conversations. :)

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Amazing. Resourceful and fashion conscious. And she's only six years old!

I'm so glad you're recording these precious comments. You'll certainly cherish these some day (when she's a teen wearing real blue lipstick).

Kathie

Elizabeth Channel said...

Oh, these were some good ones!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Hee hee hee.....I LOVE this girls mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!