About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Birthday Cake... Yum!

For those of y'all who feared the Tongginator may disappoint... you should have a little more faith. Because, while the Tongginator failed to use mud, sticks or stones, she did manage to use sand, seaweed and - worst of all - Chesapeake Bay water. Oh, yes she did.

She also had a little help.*

Cinnamon and Spice helping the Tongginator with her creation.

Let's add more seaweed! Because it's not gross enough yet!

The Tongginator puts on the finishing touches.

Birthday Cake masterpiece, created especially for TM,
complete with shovel candle and a bottom layer of seaweed.


And no, I didn't eat it "for real." Because ack! Have y'all ever actually LOOKED at the Chesapeake Bay?

I'm as terrible sane as my own momma.

*photos all snapped at the Maryland "Day at the Bay" FCC Picnic

18 comments:

Aus said...

Come on - not even a little nibble? ;)

hugs - aus and co.

Kim K. said...

I can't wait to hit the beach with the girls. Our cottage vacation is fast approaching. Your pics are darling.

bbmomof2boys said...

Cute swimsuits! I bought Little T a 2 piece but it bothers her scar on her chest so I had to go out and buy a one piece for her. I know! Shopping for her is sooo hard! *giggle*

Hey - at least there isn't any oil in the bay...yet...

And I think its pretty creative to use seaweed as the crust and a shovel as the candle! What a bunch of sweet girls.

Hugs,
Carla

Sarah said...

Good grief, that is so stinkin' adorable! A lot of love went into that sandpie. :D And yes, the gross factor is definitely on the super creative side. But oh, so cute. :

Robin said...

Aren't they sweet!!! And can I just say those pink polka-dot swimsuits are adorable. Think they make it in my size?

erin said...

So you're saying that we shouldn't go to the Chesapeake this year? Ha.

Sharie said...

That is so adorable! Very sweet and I am really good at looking like I eat things that I don't - I'm certain you are too:)

Debby said...

So cute. They look like they are having great fun.
Are the other girls twins.

Myrnie said...

Very, very cute...and that totally turned my stomach. Ugh.

Mahmee said...

I've actually never seen the Chesapeake Bay so, I'm going to take your word for it. Sounds like it would be as fun (and toxic) as eating a birthday cake made of our Willamette River (a Superfund site - we're so proud) sludge. Those photos do make me long for the Oregon Coast though...it's about time we made our first trip of the summer. Ocean water cakes probably don't taste too good but smell much nicer I'm thinking.
M.

Nicole said...

YUM.

prechrswife said...

Very sweet...not very yummy, but very sweet.

Kristin said...

And you didn't try any? Come on now. What kind of mom are you?

Hee hee! I've been offered the same and had to politely refuse. =)

Canada to China and back! said...

Yum-o! What do you mean you didn't eat it:0)
Kim

Dawn said...

I used to make mudpies laced with dropped crab apples. Yummy! LOL

PS - Love the modest bathing suits all the girls are wearing!!!

The Source said...

Awww...what a sweetie going to all that trouble baking on the beach! The only times I've seen the water in the bay it was full of sea nettles. Yuck!

Mamatini said...

Love the polka-dotted suits! Any chance you could find out where Cinnamon and Spice's mom got them?

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

They are so sweet!!! Looks like they had a blast making their "cakes"

Love their bathing suits....they all look super cute:)

Lisa