About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linkage posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Adoption Conversations -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... on "talking adoption" with your children, from an adult adoptee perspective

it's the end and Respect -- prospective adoptive parent (China) dreamer at Everybody Has a Dream... a prospective adoptive parent, after experiencing a major life change, learns just months before receiving an expected adoption referral that she will not be allowed to adopt from China

Homes of the broken -- adoptive momma (Korea and Ethiopia) Mary at Owlhaven... on brokenness in adoption

those "angry adoptees," those "bitter birthmothers"
-- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him... how others try to dismiss adult adoptees and first mothers with these not-so-nifty alliterative putdowns

John Seabrook NPR Segment -- adult adoptee (Korea) Bae Gang Shik at the Transracial Korean Adoptee Nexus... a response to the recent NPR segment with adoptive parent John Seabrook (be sure to read the comments on this one, as well as the post A Chorus of Starfish, inspired by this one, over at Harlow's Monkey)

I Laughed, But It's Not Funny -- first mother Jenna Hatfield at The Chronicles of Munchkinland... thoughts about post-adoption services for first mothers and adoptive parents

Pat Robertson, Have You Considered Retiring? -- adoptive dad (Ethiopia) D at around the world and 2 kids... Mr. Robertson's recent remarks about adoption forced this adoptive dad (and Baptist minister) to respond

faking it -- adoptive momma (foster care and Haiti) Kristen at Rage Against the Minivan... a momma who just brought home her new son after the Haiti earthquake talks about how she is trying to "fake it til she makes it"

My Birth Mother: A Victim? -- adult adoptee (Korea) 윤선 (Yoon Seon) at 안녕습니다 (annyong seumnida): My adventures as a Korean adoptee... thoughts about her first mother and Korea's adoption program after reading a recent post on another Korean adoptee's blog

School Assignments, Talking Adoption and What Kids Hear -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... on her daughter's recent school essay and what she heard versus what her mom said

Why "Mother and Child" Insults Parents Like Me -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Sarah Coleman at Salon... thoughts after viewing the recently released film "Mother and Child"

2 comments:

Mom2Four said...

Hi TM,
I just posted to my blog a commentary on a recent blog post about the problems with international adoption. Thought you might want to read both posts.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Mom2Four, your profile is private, so I can't get there! Send me an email if you see this.